dma.dll detected as "potentially unwanted application" by malware bytes on daily builds and public release on Windows

dma.dll detected as “potentially unwanted application” by malware bytes on daily builds and public release on Windows

So it deletes dma.dll then corona won’t work.  Yes, I can disable this,  but why is it being flagged?

It says dma.dll is Win32/WebBar.F and it’s found inside this dll.

what version of corona

I’m running Corona 2017.3157 and I just scanned that file with Malwarebytes 3.2.2.

No issues found.

DMA is a metrics tool we use to measure some statistics we collect. More and more scanners are flagging this dll because companies may be using it to collect data (we outline it in our privacy policy).  If you remove or quarantine it, then Corona won’t work for you. 

This is a “Potentially” unwanted thing, that also means it’s potentially okay. Virus scanning is a very competitive business and over time we will find they will be flagging more and more things that are harmless because someone someone somewhere might collect something for evil purposes. 

I’ll report it to Engineering. I don’t know what we can do about it.

Rob

Yes it was 2017.3157 but the previous version of malwarebytes so maybe they fixed it — I just added dma.dll to the exclusions and it worked.

what version of corona

I’m running Corona 2017.3157 and I just scanned that file with Malwarebytes 3.2.2.

No issues found.

DMA is a metrics tool we use to measure some statistics we collect. More and more scanners are flagging this dll because companies may be using it to collect data (we outline it in our privacy policy).  If you remove or quarantine it, then Corona won’t work for you. 

This is a “Potentially” unwanted thing, that also means it’s potentially okay. Virus scanning is a very competitive business and over time we will find they will be flagging more and more things that are harmless because someone someone somewhere might collect something for evil purposes. 

I’ll report it to Engineering. I don’t know what we can do about it.

Rob

Yes it was 2017.3157 but the previous version of malwarebytes so maybe they fixed it — I just added dma.dll to the exclusions and it worked.