Does Photon Cloud work on Kindle Fire and Nook?

Does anyone know if Photon Cloud works with not only iOS and pure Android, but also Amazon and Nook apps? Looking at some examples of apps that use Photon Cloud, it seems like it is truly, fully cross-platform. For instance, Sketch With Friends is available to download from the Amazon App Store. However, I don’t see Kindle Fire or Nook mentioned in any official documentation. Corona Labs’ documentation says: “The following platforms are supported: Android, iOS, Mac, Windows”.

I don’t have those devices, but I do know that both the Nook and Kindle run modified Android platforms, so anything that runs on Android should run on those devices. Again, don’t own’em but I’d wager everything works like it should.

Thanks for your reply Panc. I agree that they should work. Is anyone at Exit Games able to comment on this (@ThePhotons)? Anybody else have experience with this? My concern stems from the fact Amazon’s modified Android OS specifically denies access to Google Play game Sevices on unrooted Kindle Fire tablets, so I know Amazon sometimes does some wonky stuff. Also, Corona’s 3rd party “Together” plugin specifically says it does not work with Kindle and Nook.

@ThePhotons: Are you able to comment on this?

Does anyone know if Photon Cloud works with Amazon and Nook apps?

I am sorry to say: We have not tried it on Amazon/Kindle or Nook yet.

A resounding “maybe?”. 

Are you looking for beta testers for Kindle/Nook, or are you not yet targeting these devices?

I would say: probably it works. We do not have the Kindle/Nook in our device park. If you/someone tests this and it fails we would start looking into it. We are committed to support it.

Chris

I don’t have those devices, but I do know that both the Nook and Kindle run modified Android platforms, so anything that runs on Android should run on those devices. Again, don’t own’em but I’d wager everything works like it should.

Thanks for your reply Panc. I agree that they should work. Is anyone at Exit Games able to comment on this (@ThePhotons)? Anybody else have experience with this? My concern stems from the fact Amazon’s modified Android OS specifically denies access to Google Play game Sevices on unrooted Kindle Fire tablets, so I know Amazon sometimes does some wonky stuff. Also, Corona’s 3rd party “Together” plugin specifically says it does not work with Kindle and Nook.

@ThePhotons: Are you able to comment on this?

Does anyone know if Photon Cloud works with Amazon and Nook apps?

I am sorry to say: We have not tried it on Amazon/Kindle or Nook yet.

A resounding “maybe?”. 

Are you looking for beta testers for Kindle/Nook, or are you not yet targeting these devices?

I would say: probably it works. We do not have the Kindle/Nook in our device park. If you/someone tests this and it fails we would start looking into it. We are committed to support it.

Chris