Drawing A Path Between Different Markers On Map

Is there a way to draw lines or more accurately a path between various markers on MapView like if someone want to show the different stays between his/her journey and the overall route??

thanks in Advance

I´d like to know it too. How I draw routes in maps with Corona then? Really Corona can´t draws routes in a map? I can´t believe it… I need do it… so I have to work with other SDK… :frowning:

I don’t believe the built in map object is able to do something like this but I’d be very happy to be proven wrong. 

I´d like to know it too. How I draw routes in maps with Corona then? Really Corona can´t draws routes in a map? I can´t believe it… I need do it… so I have to work with other SDK… :frowning:

I don’t believe the built in map object is able to do something like this but I’d be very happy to be proven wrong. 

I’ve been trying to find some way of drawing on a map and apparently there are no capabilities available. No overlays or ways of drawing a route.  If this is really true, are such capabilities available in the Enterprise version?  

Are they planned?

I have the same situation here. My app needs a dashboard (which I can do with Corona) but also a map view showing the route taken. This is my problem. The API does not seem capable of doing it, neither I found a way to use the webview with Google Maps to draw it. Any ideas?

Unfortunately, I can confirm that this is not possible. This is something we are also waiting for and even ask Gremlin Interactive for a new map view plugin. Our company would be ready to pay for a complete map plugin.

Well,  you can do it with Google maps, writing javascript and html to address the Google Map API, and then running it in a webview.  And you can pass data back to Corona using stuff added to the URL.   It isn’t pretty, but you can do it.  

If someone wants it I’ll dig it up.

I would check your findings for sure. I agree it is not the most beautiful way to use the maps in Corona but, at least, would be better than nothing :slight_smile:

From our experience, this is an avenue we have try in the past. Unfortunately with such a scheme, we were limited to what we can do. For example, changing the center of the map require to regenerate the whole html things. Quite slow and not the best user experience.

Ok, here is a dropbox link.  What you do is click draw on a map, then just click a few spots, say 3 or 4 (I think there is a limit), then save.

After that,  click on show saved area.  Then when the map shows again, just click once anywhere on the map and it will draw the saved lines that were send back from the corona code.  Best of luck. 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7zxy24zebrehhq6/AACbPXILC6qx5113rOv1GIE4a

Corona’s Map object (native.newMap) is a native object.  It sits on top of the OpenGL canvas that the rest of your app is built upon.  All Corona drawing APIs like display.newLine() are part of the OpenGL canvas.  You therefore cannot draw on top of anything created with an API call that starts with native.*.

Rob

The answer will be to have an updated mapView or a thirdparty plugin that does the same thing described above but in the native map environment. At the very least on Android which uses the same Google maps this should be very possible if you have access to native calls. I have no clue if Apple Maps support this yet. I sincerely hope that the mapView does get some love from Corona Labs sooner than later. One can only wish! :slight_smile:

Yes, being able to actually do something with the maps would have been really, really useful.

I’ve been trying to find some way of drawing on a map and apparently there are no capabilities available. No overlays or ways of drawing a route.  If this is really true, are such capabilities available in the Enterprise version?  

Are they planned?

Agree totally.  Looking forward to an enhanced version of map view.

We *might* be able to help out on this subject, but without resorting to making a new plugin for maps.

We will do some experimentation and let you guys know how we get on

This is interesting, can’t wait to see what you could do.

Looking forward to that.  :)