Dusk: The Developer Awakens

Hey everyone! Remember that one really, really awesome guy everyone loved so much who used to putter about on the forums so much? Remember how he just up and died one day? Well… [spoiler]he actually didn’t die![/spoiler] I’m still alive and kicking, and I had an excellent first days of college. I’m taking electrical engineering with a minor in music, though, so it’s pretty hectic.

I began coding some finishing touches on Dusk 1.0 (by the way, remember that there’s a GitHub branch for what I have so far) and writing a few docs the other day in some free time I had, so stuff is actually beginning to roll again. That said, again, I’m at college, so even once I get fully settled in, expect my activity on the forums to go down a fair amount from what it used to be. Life happens, and I’m doing my very best to juggle multiple things at once, so thank you very much everyone for your never-ending patience and understanding.

• Caleb
1 Like

Would you say that you “awoke from your dusk slumber” ?  :wink:

Best of luck at college! 

Glad to see you back, and good luck at college!

Yes! Welcome back! College will be a lot of fun!

Wow… I’ve been quiet. After making the announcement that I’m going to be more active, I promptly ended my activity once again. There’s a reason for this. My Mac mini, on which I do all my programming, has gradually been dying. I can basically now do very, very little programming in Corona because of this. I received an Apple gift card from my grandparents for graduation, but I’ve been waiting for the new Macbook Pro to be released to buy a new computer.

So how am I writing this post? I have an overwhelmingly crappy laptop right now on which I could technically program, but the Windows installation on it barely works and the elementaryOS installation I added in dual boot can’t run Corona. Thus, I’m pretty much sunk until the next Macbook Pro is released. Most rumors have it coming on the 27th, so here’s hoping I can start working on my game and Dusk again then.

• Caleb

Hope you got your Mac now!? :slight_smile:

Good time learning btw :wink:

It’s taken three weeks for the MacBook Pro to ship. It arrived yesterday, actually–at my home in Oklahoma. My dad cruelly sent a picture of it to me as I was trapped at college two hours away. Apple doesn’t deliver to P.O. boxes, dang it.

I do have an actual day for the first date I and my beloved will be having: next Wednesday. Thanksgiving break begins then and I’ll be able to meet my darlin’s slate-grey goodness for the first time. I’m excited, suffice it to say.

• Caleb

Sounds good (and the part with the picture really cruel :slight_smile: )!

Have a great time the next week! :slight_smile:

@Caleb - How on Earth are you going to wait that long without exploding??  Just out of interest, which model did you go for?  My Late 2009 iMac is getting very long in the tooth these days and my eyes keep getting drawn to the new 15 inch MBP models.  Not that I can afford one at the moment though :frowning:

[quote name=“Caleb P” post=“344381” timestamp=“1479383709”]It’s taken three weeks for the MacBook Pro to ship. It arrived yesterday, actually–at my home in Oklahoma. My dad cruelly sent a picture of it to me as I was trapped at college two hours away. Apple doesn’t deliver to P.O. boxes, dang it.   I do have an actual day for the first date I and my beloved will be having: next Wednesday. Thanksgiving break begins then and I’ll be able to meet my darlin’s slate-grey goodness for the first time. I’m excited, suffice it to say.   - Caleb[/quote] Which college?

Guess what I’m writing this post on.

Yup. You probably guessed correctly.

THIS IS AWESOME.

I’m going to start coding quite soon.

THIS IS AWESOME.

• Caleb

WooHoo!

Would you say that you “awoke from your dusk slumber” ?  :wink:

Best of luck at college! 

Glad to see you back, and good luck at college!

Yes! Welcome back! College will be a lot of fun!

Wow… I’ve been quiet. After making the announcement that I’m going to be more active, I promptly ended my activity once again. There’s a reason for this. My Mac mini, on which I do all my programming, has gradually been dying. I can basically now do very, very little programming in Corona because of this. I received an Apple gift card from my grandparents for graduation, but I’ve been waiting for the new Macbook Pro to be released to buy a new computer.

So how am I writing this post? I have an overwhelmingly crappy laptop right now on which I could technically program, but the Windows installation on it barely works and the elementaryOS installation I added in dual boot can’t run Corona. Thus, I’m pretty much sunk until the next Macbook Pro is released. Most rumors have it coming on the 27th, so here’s hoping I can start working on my game and Dusk again then.

• Caleb

Hope you got your Mac now!? :slight_smile:

Good time learning btw :wink:

It’s taken three weeks for the MacBook Pro to ship. It arrived yesterday, actually–at my home in Oklahoma. My dad cruelly sent a picture of it to me as I was trapped at college two hours away. Apple doesn’t deliver to P.O. boxes, dang it.

I do have an actual day for the first date I and my beloved will be having: next Wednesday. Thanksgiving break begins then and I’ll be able to meet my darlin’s slate-grey goodness for the first time. I’m excited, suffice it to say.

• Caleb

Sounds good (and the part with the picture really cruel :slight_smile: )!

Have a great time the next week! :slight_smile:

@Caleb - How on Earth are you going to wait that long without exploding??  Just out of interest, which model did you go for?  My Late 2009 iMac is getting very long in the tooth these days and my eyes keep getting drawn to the new 15 inch MBP models.  Not that I can afford one at the moment though :frowning: