EAT Lean Released

Hi folks.  If you’ve been following my posts,  you’ll know I’ve been working like a fiend on a tool for generating Corona SDK Frameworks (starter projects).

Get Eat Lean

Get it here: https://gumroad.com/l/eatlean#

About EAT Lean

This tool (optionally) configures build.settings, config.lua, generates code to initialize ad networks, etc.

Till today, the name of the product was EAT Frameworks.  However, several folks brought the fact to my attention that I was not serving all users (of Corona) equally.  So, I’ve split this into two products:

• EAT Lean  ( out now )- A sub-set tool that produces basic frameworks while still doing all of the other heavy lifting.  If you have ever struggled to properly configure a project, this tool is for you.
  • EAT Fat (not released yet) - A much larger tool… more to be said when it is released.

I am happy to say that EAT Lean is now ready for you to buy and use.  At this time, I am selling it for the (ridiculously) low price of $9.99.  This price will be in effect until around mid-September.

Note: If you are thinking, “I’d probably like EAT Fat better”, you don’t need to wait.  Get EAT Lean today, use it to save time, effort, and money.  Then, when EAT Fat comes out, get a steep discount as an owner of EAT Lean.

Learn More

What… are you still here? Go! (Buy it, don’t go home)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1XgFsitnQw

Great news Ed! For those who don’t know, Ed has been showing demos of this on recent Corona Geek shows and he’s poured a lot of time an attention into building something where you pretty much don’t have to think about your build.settings file or the bajillion icons you need.

Ed you should really brand this as eAt to emphasize the “Awesome” part of it.

Rob

Congrats Ed! A great tool for the community to be sure.

Cheers!

Hello all!  I announced this on the Corona Geek hangout, but it needs to be said here too. 

EAT Lean will be going up to $19.99 on Monday the 19th.  So, don’t miss your opportunity to get it for the low-low 50% off price of $9.99.

Cheers,

Ed Out

Hey Ed,

Is Eat Fat going to do anything with enterprise or what sort of feature set are you thinking about?

Pete

Pete,

Hi.  I didn’t plan on doing anything special for Enterprise I’m afraid, but I am open to ideas.  Did you have a specific feature(s) in mind?

Hi Ed,

Baseline idea for Enterprise that would save a lot of time (if its done programatically) would be…

-create the program directory etc.

-use the template from enterprise/ProjectTemplates/App

Specific goals:

1. change the name/plist etc. settings from “App” to whatever the user had specified when naming the project

2. Get / store the location of the downloaded EnterprisePlugins

3. Programatically do the linking in the #include/#import the static libraries checked (IOS and/or Android)

4. Copy the files mentioned in 3 in.

None of the above is hard to do manually but its time consuming…

That’s a pretty great idea and EAT is all about taking the tedium out of things.

That would be awesome and something I would gladly pay for.  While a lot of our “idea” projects can be done via standard CoronaSDK, we tend to need to use Enterprise to cover off testing/private distribution etc. so it needs to be an enterprise project.  This means you suddenly have 3-5 add ons to get working before you have really started.

Great news Ed! For those who don’t know, Ed has been showing demos of this on recent Corona Geek shows and he’s poured a lot of time an attention into building something where you pretty much don’t have to think about your build.settings file or the bajillion icons you need.

Ed you should really brand this as eAt to emphasize the “Awesome” part of it.

Rob

Congrats Ed! A great tool for the community to be sure.

Cheers!

Hello all!  I announced this on the Corona Geek hangout, but it needs to be said here too. 

EAT Lean will be going up to $19.99 on Monday the 19th.  So, don’t miss your opportunity to get it for the low-low 50% off price of $9.99.

Cheers,

Ed Out

Hey Ed,

Is Eat Fat going to do anything with enterprise or what sort of feature set are you thinking about?

Pete

Pete,

Hi.  I didn’t plan on doing anything special for Enterprise I’m afraid, but I am open to ideas.  Did you have a specific feature(s) in mind?

Hi Ed,

Baseline idea for Enterprise that would save a lot of time (if its done programatically) would be…

-create the program directory etc.

-use the template from enterprise/ProjectTemplates/App

Specific goals:

1. change the name/plist etc. settings from “App” to whatever the user had specified when naming the project

2. Get / store the location of the downloaded EnterprisePlugins

3. Programatically do the linking in the #include/#import the static libraries checked (IOS and/or Android)

4. Copy the files mentioned in 3 in.

None of the above is hard to do manually but its time consuming…

That’s a pretty great idea and EAT is all about taking the tedium out of things.

That would be awesome and something I would gladly pay for.  While a lot of our “idea” projects can be done via standard CoronaSDK, we tend to need to use Enterprise to cover off testing/private distribution etc. so it needs to be an enterprise project.  This means you suddenly have 3-5 add ons to get working before you have really started.