Ebook highlighting

I am creating interactive ebook using corona .I have to highlight  selected text like pdf .my question is that how do i do it?

Thanks

Corona is a fairly low-level programming environment … to highlight something, you’d need to listen for a “touch” event on each text-object or on the background and then determine which text-objects are affected and modify them (change color, etc.).

Given your other questions on the forums, I wonder if Corona might not be the right tool for you.  There are other ebook authoring systems that might be more appropriate – or is there a reason you need it to be more “app-like” instead of a more “standard” ebook?

Corona is a fairly low-level programming environment … to highlight something, you’d need to listen for a “touch” event on each text-object or on the background and then determine which text-objects are affected and modify them (change color, etc.).

Given your other questions on the forums, I wonder if Corona might not be the right tool for you.  There are other ebook authoring systems that might be more appropriate – or is there a reason you need it to be more “app-like” instead of a more “standard” ebook?