eCPM of Revmob drop a lot recently

I contacted them on Sunday. Their sdk is broken. It’s not registering the RevMob start session which means ads aren’t being displayed. They said they are working on it.

@fatchchicken007

No wonder I got nowhere trying to get RevMob working on Android…

@ fatchicken007 : I haven’t updated their SDK recently, and it is not automagically updating live. So no, i don’t think their SDK is the issue. Plus, ads ARE being displayed for me. Just clicks are not registered (rate fell from 14% to 0.4%, for the same bunch of apps). So basically, it is all good for Revmob : they show the ads of their clients, they don’t register the clicks of their publishers. The response i got from them is :

We are currently working to increase it, and we think it will be a lot better in the next months.
Anyhow, here’s some advice on what you can do on your side to increase the eCPM:

• Make sure you are always using our latest SDK version, otherwise you”ll miss the latest eCPM improvements developed by our team!
  • Fullscreen ad units are better than pop-ups!
  • Use Banners together with Fullscreen ad units to monetize your apps.
  • Deliver constant app updates with relevant additions.

In the next months? Seriously???

All the other advices have been implemented and haven’t changed since.

But my eCPM dropped from .76 to .03 and CTR from 13% to .67%.

The problem is that it is not the first time it happened. Every month or so, something doesn’t work for a few days. We never get reimbursed though…

@ MAS1 : They are a mix of iOS / Android.

@dimd,

Quote “We are currently working to increase it, and we think it will be a lot better in the next months”

They have been rolling out the “jam tomorrow” slogans since forever. Trust is an issue here for sure.

I have yet to get an explanation from them. I’m quite sure they are reading (or will read this thread) eventually. 

My revenue from them yesterday is ZERO. The ads are not showing on my live apps.

@Users of RevMob. Please confirm if your RevMob ads are showing and whether or not your clicks are registering and if your eCPM is falling off a cliff.

I also got this from them a few days ago:

“Dear publisher, Regarding monetization, we enabled a “Minimum Bid per Click” feature. Simply put, it allows you to choose the minimum commission you’ll receive for each click your app generates. But be careful with it! Setting a high minimum bid for your app will certainly increase your eCPM, but it does not maximize your revenue necessarily as your fill-rate will not be 99.9% anymore. For more details on this, please refer to http://appmonetizationwithads.com/rpm-vs-ecpm/ To access this, you just have to tick the checkbox “Enable minimum bid per click” and input your desired value, whenever you are adding or editing a new media. In order to improve your UX, we made a simple but relevant change in our platform. The tabs “Apps” and “Sites” that used to be displayed on the left corner of your screen were merged under a new tab called “Monetization”. Best regards, The RevMob Team”

What a mess this network is…

MAS1

I can confirm revenue has dropped drastically in the past few days, and while testing my new app I saw no live ads. This is with the latest 5.5.1 SDK. 

Really strange that they changed their business model from pure CPI - it really set them apart from the competition as both an advertiser and publisher. 

I will keep an eye on developments in the next few days before deciding whether to switch to vungle.

I’ve tried Vungle and didn’t have very good results. How much was your eCPM with Vungle? My iAds dropped on April 1st which may just be because it was a new quarter and advertising budgets ended at the quarter. It has been rising back to what it was previously (right now it’s approximately ~$1 for banner ads).

Vungle eCPM approx $6. 

RevMob clearly have seen the light and are now trying a new approach. Gone is the “Download A Free Game Now!”

In its place is an interstitial showing the actual game that can be downloaded for “free”. Chartboost-like but without the animation.

Best - MAS1.

Another RevMob shaft the last few days with eCPMs around $0.20.

See also here: http://iphonedevsdk.com/forum/business-legal-app-store/106659-anyone-use-revmob-p3.html

That’s it - I’m done with them. Time for RevMob extermination. Enough is enough!

There so many new ad networks fighting over our impressions nowadays that it’s becoming ridiculous. Most new networks have great eCPMs in the beginning, like Revmob did a few years ago, but as time goes by the revenue drops to all but a trickle.

Over time there have been but a few networks that keep their inventory fresh and revenue stable. For me they are (in no particular order), Chartboost (interstitial), Admob (banner) and Vungle (video). In my opinion having too many ad networks just bloats the app and increases the risk for potential bugs.

Going forward I plan to only have the above three networks integrated as they have been a reliable source of revenue.

@MAS1: Same for me, eCPM’s around $0.19. I emailed them saying they were below most other ad networks i use and here is the answer:

“We find it hard to believe that Revmob is underperforming against other networks. Our fill-rates are 99.9% and the other networks usually have much lower fill-rates which can lead to a wrong judgement. This is because if we were to reduce our fill-rates our eCPM could triple or more, but in effect your revenue would be reduced.”

… I now give them less than 5% of my traffic, just so users receive some diversity in their ads, but overall i’m pretty much done with them also.

@ingemar: Thanks for the infos on your top/serious performers. Same for me, Admob and Vungle lead the way. I still have to try Chartboost. And i agree with you, way too many networks. Yet, that should push up the competition to pay well the publishers. Supposedly, it should be perfect for us. Revmob used to be amazing… What the hell went wrong on their side? 

@dimd

PR nonsense from RevMob. There’s a raft of stats pertaining to mobile ads (and most of us are familiar with most of them). Bottom line - RevMob revenue is falling month on month when I review my per monthly earnings on the RevMob portal. In the past I’ve corresponded with them to try and obtain a resolution.

No more corresponding. As soon as I’ve ported my apps over to Google Play I’m going to yank RevMob from my iOS apps. Of course, RevMob + Android = epsilon eCPM so that’s a no go.

@dimd @ingemar

Just starting out on AdMob on Android. So far so good on the revenue. Not so good on the actual ad delivery what with reports on this forum about animated ads/FPS, delayed delivery of banner and inability to cancel an interstitial (NO MATTER WHAT!  :frowning: ) once it’s been requested. http://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/45130-coronalabs-please-look-prevent-admob-interstitial-to-fire-mid-game/?hl=%2Badmob+%2Binterstitial

@ingemar - Certainly happy with Vungle. Chartboost was a poor peformer for me. Oh well…

Revmob has changed their system so I wouldn’t expect to see good ecpm from them again. Basically instead of paying per install which is the purpose they were founded, they are now paying per click.  The campaigns being shown on my apps are paying $0.003 per click. Revmob says they have done the math and shows that x ammount of clicks = an install so they’re just gonna pay per click instead of per install. According to this their math must suggest that it takes over 450 clicks to generate one install. You can be your own judge off that information … . . . . … . Anyone know a good company that pays per install?

Wow.  Yeah, we’ve stopped using RevMob for two weeks now after earning near zero like what everyone’s been posting.  It’s horrible and sad.  Felt cheated somehow.

Would be interesting to hear from fellow Corona devs if they are getting decent eCPMs from RevMob. My eCPMs are rock-bottom and that’s with intertitials on iOS! RIP RevNob.

I’m getting about $1.25 eCPM… it’s down from what I was getting a few months ago which was around $2-3. I was getting below $1 before Revmob plunged for a few days and now it’s been slightly better.

@fatchicken007,

Thanks for posting. I’d settle for $1.25 right now! I’ll have to nuke them as soon as I get chance.

@fatchicken007, Thanks for sharing. How recently have you updated your revmob.lua?

I noticed today that on my oldest apps, which i haven’t updated in over a year, have an average of $1-2eCPM, not great, but decent.

Now, my newest apps, with all recent revmob.lua are in the $0.0-0.20eCPM range.

Actually, my app that performs best in terms of impressions, has an incredibly amazing $0.00029eCPM ! Not a joke… Well, not a funny one at least.

The old crappy tapit performs even better than revmob now. We are just getting screwed, and they don’t care one bit.

i’m using the 5.4.5 build.

5.4.3 for my newest apps (very low eCPM).

@MAS1: what about you?

@dimd

RevMob 5.2.1 and $0.21 eCPM today. It was nudging $2 a couple of months ago. I’m very unhappy with RevMob to put it mildly.

I suspect they are cherry picking their publishers based on installs. Who knows for sure? Good riddance I say! :stuck_out_tongue: