"elseif ( phase == "did" ) then" is run twice?

I just noticed my code in the scene part

elseif ( phase == "did" ) then

is getting run twice.

I added a print output and a counter which then is running twice.

What can be causing this?

No, it’s not.

Post more code.

You probably want an explanation there…

It’s not, probably because you are referencing the wrong variable or some such typo-style error. We’ve all been there. This leads to the second point…

You need to post more code because without seeing the context of where your problem is occurring we can’t provide much help. Primarily this is because your statement and line of code appears to be implying that you think there is a problem with Lua itself and that is the distant edge case - if that were the case it would have been found and fixed long ago.

So, like I said, post the whole (or more of the) show() function and more help will be likely.

Thx! It is difficult to post the relevant part for this. I checked all the scene calls and composer.removeScene calls for now and didn’t find anything wrong with it. The first part of the scene is running once, like it should, but only the part in “DID” is getting run twice… so I thought this probably is a know trap I’m missing here and someone hopefully experienced this before me and can give me a hint.

I’m looking into this a little bit more and try to break it down to post more info about it.

found the problem:

I had code outside of the above part like this:

if...    if ...    elseif ( phase == "did" ) then    end    -- HAD CODE HERE end

This was causing the problems and is called twice in the composer call.

Thank you!

No, it’s not.

Post more code.

You probably want an explanation there…

It’s not, probably because you are referencing the wrong variable or some such typo-style error. We’ve all been there. This leads to the second point…

You need to post more code because without seeing the context of where your problem is occurring we can’t provide much help. Primarily this is because your statement and line of code appears to be implying that you think there is a problem with Lua itself and that is the distant edge case - if that were the case it would have been found and fixed long ago.

So, like I said, post the whole (or more of the) show() function and more help will be likely.

Thx! It is difficult to post the relevant part for this. I checked all the scene calls and composer.removeScene calls for now and didn’t find anything wrong with it. The first part of the scene is running once, like it should, but only the part in “DID” is getting run twice… so I thought this probably is a know trap I’m missing here and someone hopefully experienced this before me and can give me a hint.

I’m looking into this a little bit more and try to break it down to post more info about it.

found the problem:

I had code outside of the above part like this:

if...    if ...    elseif ( phase == "did" ) then    end    -- HAD CODE HERE end

This was causing the problems and is called twice in the composer call.

Thank you!