Endless runner (Simple) from scratch

Hi people.

I am newbie in Corona and I’d like to start developing some arcades, games, etc.

I have recently acquired my MTE license and I was wondering if some of you could help me providing me some examples (otherwise than the license provides) in order to understand how to use MTE to develop a simple Endless runner like Aldo’s world Saga, Jungle Monkey. Is the case to create a simple map (I am using Tiled app) with TileSet and use the block to create the map and the sprites to create the player and enemies, obstacles, etc.

Then, trying to better understand the dynamic of how to use MTE (Lua-Corona) to include collision with enemies, collision with obstacles, jump, collect coins/stars, etc.

It will be greatly appreciated.

The MTE Sample projects for Platformer - Sonic Finale should be perfect for you and show exactly what you need, and the MTE sample code addSprite, getSprites, MoveSpriteTo examples, etc should be everything else you need to “create player, enemies, obstacles, etc”.

To better understand the dynamic of how to use MTE with collision is in the Platformer - Basic/Angled Physics same projects folder, and the documentation for physics: http://docs.coronalabs.com/daily/api/library/physics/index.html as I’m sure is what the corona dev’s would send you the same link. The physics you want should be perfect with those Platformer examples and show everything, but if you want a “different” detection of collision it is shown in the CastleDemo using solid = true and it detects your location on a grid (but that probably won’t be what you want on an endless runner). Everything is nicely shown in the MTE samples and are very good guides being one of the best ones out there but are all about using the MTE engine. Also look up the physics section of the forums to help you more on that. Anything else that I missed?

The MTE Sample projects for Platformer - Sonic Finale should be perfect for you and show exactly what you need, and the MTE sample code addSprite, getSprites, MoveSpriteTo examples, etc should be everything else you need to “create player, enemies, obstacles, etc”.

To better understand the dynamic of how to use MTE with collision is in the Platformer - Basic/Angled Physics same projects folder, and the documentation for physics: http://docs.coronalabs.com/daily/api/library/physics/index.html as I’m sure is what the corona dev’s would send you the same link. The physics you want should be perfect with those Platformer examples and show everything, but if you want a “different” detection of collision it is shown in the CastleDemo using solid = true and it detects your location on a grid (but that probably won’t be what you want on an endless runner). Everything is nicely shown in the MTE samples and are very good guides being one of the best ones out there but are all about using the MTE engine. Also look up the physics section of the forums to help you more on that. Anything else that I missed?