Error code 256

Hi!

I’m on Mac (macos version 10.15.3) and using corona simulator 2020.3582 for online builds.

I still have 2 games in Corona / Solar and today I get this error because of the plugins (appodeal, gpgs, pollfish).

There is nothing changed on my side, I could build with the same setup a couple weeks ago.

Anyone else has the same problem or have any solution to propose?

Thank you!

I’m having the same problem with Corona 2020.3580 on a MacBook Pro. Builds still work for iOS, but suddenly stopped working for Android.

The console shows:

ERROR: Unable to retrieve authorised plugins list (HttpDownload: download failed with status: 500).

I wonder if a server at Corona/Solar2D is down…?

I’m also having the same problem, and I’ve been having this problem for the past 7 hours. This is the longest recorded time I’ve experienced the Error code 256. Usually, I could just wait a couple of hours and it would work. Maybe @vlads can have a look into this.

In my case, I can still complete the online builds for iOS, but not for Android - this would seem to indicate that one or more Android plugins are no longer accessible on the server.

@troylyndon exactly what you say.

We can’t do much, just waiting @vlads to reply and fix it.

I successfully completed an “offline” build for Android using the latest 3597/Solar2D build. I’m going to start testing the build and consider taking it LIVE if it operates properly on each device.

If you are on Windows, you will not want to do this until @vlads gives the okay; because once you configure to do offline builds, I’m not sure you can get back easily to the online builds. However, if you are on Mac, you can run the offline builds side-by-side with the online builds.

Ultimately, Solar2D will stop using the Corona servers at some point. So, the sooner you can get your apps to run with the “offline” version, the better prepared you will be when that’s the only option; my two cents.

In my case, I’ve had to work with the makers of the plugins I use to support Solar2D offline builds; it was rough for about two weeks, but then it all came together, just as a good-working community for an open-source platform should. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@troylyndon probably you are right again.
I’m sceptical about offline builds until, at least, alpha stage is completed.

On the other hand I got mac so I could just check it.
Is there guide somewhere on how to enable plugins on offline builds?
I guess everything else will be the same.

@ConradH all the plugins where you see = { publisherId = “com.coronalabs” }, are automatically downloaded. The good news is that this includes many plugins you wouldln’t ordinarily think were created by CoronaLabs (i.e. plugin.kochava, plugin.pasteboard, etc…)

I also use the gameCenter and appleSignIn plugins from @Scott_Harrison. He’s recently gotten them working. If you need to use either of these, follow these steps:

1. go to the Solar2D marketplace and create your own “userID”
  2. go to each of the plugins you need and make certain you ACTIVATE them
  3. modify each of these lines of code by adding your unique “userID” in the proper place of these URLs.
    Good luck!
    – for offline builds 3595+
    [“plugin.gamecenter”]={publisherId=“scotth.tech”,supportedPlatforms={iphone={url=“https://solar2dmarketplace.com/marketplacePlugins?ID=YOURUSERIDGOESHERE&plugin=GameCenter_scotth-tech&type=iOS”}}},
    [“plugin.appleSignIn”]={publisherId=“scotth.tech”,supportedPlatforms={iphone={url=“https://solar2dmarketplace.com/marketplacePlugins?ID=YOURUSERIDGOESHERE&plugin=AppleSignIn_scotth-tech&type=iOS”}}},

FYI, it would still be nice to have @vlads fix the problem that has online builds broken for now; it’s been 8 hours without being able to create a build; while getting Error code 256. For me, this only occurs when building for Android.

@troylyndon thank for the info!
You are amazing.

So, the plugins created by coronalabs are inside the dmg file when we download solar2d?

@ConradH I think so, but that’s a good question for @vlads - are the CoronaLabs.com plugins included in offline builds 3595+?