ERROR : Invalid Facebook App ID

We have not had any luck finding the root cause of this issue. It might be worthwhile, trying to do a native build, so our build servers are not in play. You don’t have to know any native programming, just copy the default App project to a folder specific for your build. Copy your Corona folder into the folder named “Corona” inside of App and then use Xcode and/or Android Studio to build your app. There is a little more work to download the plugins and get them into your project correctly, but once it’s set up it should work without issue.

Rob

Thank you Rob. I think I will try it. Is there a detailed document on how to do that?

Not really. Most of the “iphone” section of build.settings would go into the Xcode manage Info.Plist and you would just have to set up the various key-value pairs, but Xcode helps you do that. For the Android things, you would edit the Manfiest.xml file and put the various key-value pairs in there.

You would have to set up the various identifiers (package id for android bundle id, provisioning profile, etc. for iOS) in the various tools. Both have ways to build the app. Android is pretty straightforward, under Xcode you have to make an Archive. In both cases, all of those steps are not Corona specific, so there should be plenty of tutorials online that you can find with an internet search.

Rob

Maybe just me but I really don’t think “do native builds” is an answer to why sim builds are failing.  Surely you need to fix the sim builds?

Sim builds are what make Corona a viable product.

I reported this months ago.  Maybe time to refresh the AWS clusters?

Hello,

I totally agree with SGS.

Allow me an analogy.

If you sell a bike telling us that it can go faster in traffic jams, and finally you recognize that it can not work because of a design flaw … I think that telling us that the solution is to put it in the trunk of our car to make the travel is not a possible solution.

With a recent build we already have to remove features from our applications because of incompatibilities between plugins. It starts to make a lot of problems, … unresolved. The use of Corona becomes more and more complicated.

I think that there are probably several build servers, and some of them have problems.

A few months ago, due to this problem I made the number of uninstalls of my application severely large.

We also received reports that advertisements of Appodeal are often not played properly.

The recent instability of Corona greatly impairs the profitability of my application.

I have also paid for the Corona Splash Screen plugin.

I am also paying a few percent of Advertising revenue for Appodeal.

I hope.

Corona should prepare a document on how to build an easy-to-follow build server, or want to resolve this problem as soon as possible.

The problem of each plug-in is also so, but the final build problem is fatal.

We have multiple build servers, so the first thing we thought is that one server was different than another, but we have confirmed that a build ID that failed on server X also built successfully for the same user on the same server X. This has us scratching our head and we continue to research the issue. Perhaps at some point, there will be an “Ah ha!” moment and we can solve this.

I want this problem solved as much as you do, but given our difficulty finding this, I’m simply presenting you an alternative and very functional way for this to not be a problem for you. And frankly, since it seems this is only happening on Android builds and not iOS builds, you would only need to do native builds on Android and still use the simulator for iOS builds.

Corona developer @agramonte put together a very nice video explaining how to build your Corona app using Android Studio: https://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/74578-integrate-android-studio-whith-corona-sdk/

Rob 

This build bug is still happening with Corona Version 2019.3467 (2019.2.26)

:(  :angry:  :wacko:

Perhaps changing the error dialog to something better (that didn’t fully stop the app from functioning) would be an interim step, if you can’t find the cause of the problem

To repeat what somebody mentioned earlier: I also notice that the message of the popup mentions an ID number which is the good one except that the last character is replaced by a “!”

Does this dialog list the FB app ID it’s trying to use? If so, the last character is getting replaced by a “!”. perhaps this is a useful clue to help your bug hunters

I would suggest trying a native build. @agramonte did a great video series for helping people create Android builds using Corona Native:

https://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/74578-integrate-android-studio-whith-corona-sdk/

Rob

What is the error you’re getting?

sorry.

I attached an image, but it is not displayed.

Paste the error capture.

There seems to be no error displayed especially in the application log.

Screenshot_20180913-232609.jpg

Do you have the Build ID from where this failed?

It is not like that?
Is it the ID of the build?

I do not know now, I will try and report it in a few hours.

No, the BuildID looks like this in the console log:

BuildID: 5b9ad6037b80a

With that information, we can look at our build logs and determine if there are other error messages or information we can glean from the build.

Rob

Thank you.

I understand.

Today, I did 10 builds, but the problem has not occurred.

I will report here at any time as I use it and occur.

I’ve experienced this “Invalid Facebook App ID” error as well. Specifically on Android devices. Usually when I re-build with no other changes, the error goes away. So it seems like something inside Corona process.

When you fail, please report the build ID here. It would be helpful to have multiple build ID’s, ones that work and ones that don’t to help us track this down.

Rob

OK, I got one example for you.

Corona Version 2018.3439 (2018.11.19)

BuildID: 5bf34ecc9f36b

FAILED: with the above Invalid Facebook ID error

Exact same codebase, re-build for Android:

BuildID: 5bf35abfbd7a4

NO Problems with facebook ID reported