ERROR ITMS-90255

Hey there - I’ve been using build 3569 and it’s been working so far for all platforms - iOS, tvOS and macOS.

@borderleap, cheers will give 3569 a go for the MACOS version (uploaded using 3569 no probs, thanks for the heads up!)

As for IOS. built with 2020.3575 uploaded, submitted, and approved no probs.

So definitely just some MACOS only issue for the >2020.3573 I suppose.

not sure if this is same issue you are having, but maybe related in some way.

On my Mac, if I build for a ‘macOS’ version of my game, it builds successfully; but when I try to run that desktop version of my game it crashes and fails to run.  This is when using SDK versions 3574 or higher.

But if build for ‘macOS’. SDK 3567 or 3569  it does fine.

So 3574 and above has some bug. I cannot recall if I tired 3573, so not sure if that version fails.

So for me to get a macOS desktop version built for now I will have to use 3569

Mine ran perfectly fine with 3573. I tested most of the parts of the app. It’s a random dungeon generator for d&d, so it is light on animation and heavy on database calls. 

Obviously, something slipped in to cause some problems. But I think compiling with a slightly older version is going to be fine for most people. Not sure how the recent news about the SDK will affect the MacOS builds. Be nice to get this bug fixed but I think it’s the type of bug that is often hard to pinpoint.

Same issues with our macOS builds using the latest daily build and the daily builds from 1-2 versions back. Any chance that this will be fixed before the May 2020 transitions?

We would need more information than that. Our Slack community discussed similar issue. Problem it seems was with latest macOS update, 10.15.4 and notarization

You can also try disabling sandboxing…

macos = {
entitlements = {
[“com.apple.security.app-sandbox”] = false,
},
},

There was an issue with macOS apps when no profile is selected. It is fixed in 2020.3580

Thanks… I can confirm that the latest daily build has fixed this.

Vlad,

Thanks for addressing the MacOS build issue.  My game now builds and runs with the. .3580

Still having problem with 3580 regarding signing:

With Provisioning Profile for Mac App Store selected,

“Send to Mac App Store…” selected,

both Application and Installer code signing identities selected,

and checked “Send to Mac App Store”,

the saved .app crashes upon launch (macOS 10.15.4) as before.

The problem is the saved .pkg (ready to be submitted from Transporter) is all good itself (signed and not crashing), but the installed app (from the .pkg) crashes because it is not notarized.

Using RB App Checker, the installed .app shows:

There were also many times the build process failed because it could not write to the temporary file.

Dave

Looks like there were certificates on my system that were causing the crashes. I believe one certificate was copied from the previous computer during system migration, and a similar certificate was also in place. Deleting the older certificate fixed the crashes.

Anyway, for distributing Mac apps, make sure to use the correct Distribution Certificate type:

For apps distributed at the Mac App Store, use:

3rd Party Mac Developer Application (also called: Apple Distribution) for signing the app (not the installer)

3rd Party Mac Developer Installer (also called: Mac Installer Distribution) for signing the installer (e.g. .pkg for Transporter)

For apps distributed outside of the Mac App Store, use:

Developer ID Application:    Sign a macOS app before distributing it outside the Mac App Store.

Developer ID Installer:     Sign and distribute a Mac Installer Package (e.g. .dmg, .zip), containing your signed app, outside the Mac App Store.

Hope this helps someone,

Dave

Glad you figured it out!