Is there any way you guys can pipe the error messages to a text log in the Dropbox folder?
That would make it SO much easier to debug things when using CoronaViewer as a mobile dev platform (ala ksan).
If I’m not at my desk I can’t see my console so debugging even a simple typo is a nightmare. But if there was an error.log file in the Dropbox folder I could open to see what error message just happened, that would be the coolness.
Great idea! I was planning on using some modules I used in the past such as @jstrahan’s blackbox.lua. Will have to dig it out. It lets you print anything on the display that would normally go on the console. This of course will not help for the stack traces etc but will help with variable tracking, debugging etc. Having a log file would be more than amazing.
Great idea! I was planning on using some modules I used in the past such as @jstrahan’s blackbox.lua. Will have to dig it out. It lets you print anything on the display that would normally go on the console. This of course will not help for the stack traces etc but will help with variable tracking, debugging etc. Having a log file would be more than amazing.