ERROR: plugin.OneSignal (require) NIL VALUE

Hi Team,

I tried a new main.lua and copied the exact given code on one signal documentation. This is supposed to be a fresh start. I’ve been using google play plugins for awhile now so i know how to edit my settings.lua. It surprised me when I got this runtime error message only for ONE SIGNAL:

18:52:28.867 ERROR: Runtime error 18:52:28.867 ?:0: attempt to call a nil value 18:52:28.867 stack traceback: 18:52:28.867 ?: in function 'require' 18:52:28.867 F:\bin\main.lua:35: in main chunk

settings = { plugins = { ["plugin.OneSignal"] = { publisherId = "com.onesignal", supportedPlatforms = { android=true }, }, ["plugin.google.play.services"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs", supportedPlatforms = { android=true }, }, } orientation = { -- Supported values for orientation: -- portrait, portraitUpsideDown, landscapeLeft, landscapeRight default = "portrait", supported = { "portrait" } }, android = { usesPermissions = { "android.permission.INTERNET", "android.permission.ACCESS\_NETWORK\_STATE", "android.permission.ACCESS\_FINE\_LOCATION", "android.permission.ACCESS\_COARSE\_LOCATION", }, }, }

--###################################################### --###############ONE SIGNAL############################# -- This function gets called when the user opens a notification or one is received when the app is open and active. -- Change the code below to fit your app's needs. function DidReceiveRemoteNotification(message, additionalData, isActive) print(message) end local OneSignal = require ("plugin.OneSignal") --OneSignal.SetLogLevel(4, 4) OneSignal.Init("xxx", "xxx", DidReceiveRemoteNotification)

I’m sure that my keys are correct but the problem i think, corona is not getting the plugin to integrate on my app. It is already activated on my account and I only have 1 account for both simulator and marketplace.

Please help. 

Hi,

There is a missing comma after ‘plugins’ table in the build.settings file you provided. If you have the same settings then Simulator can’t load plugins because it can’t read plugins section. 

Also, please remove this from your build.settings:

["plugin.google.play.services"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs", supportedPlatforms = { android=true }, },

This is a very old version of the google play services plugin. No modern plugin uses this and will lead to problems with other plugins.

Rob

Oh I didn’t see that coming! Thanks for the enlightenment! :smiley: cheers!

Hi,

There is a missing comma after ‘plugins’ table in the build.settings file you provided. If you have the same settings then Simulator can’t load plugins because it can’t read plugins section. 

Also, please remove this from your build.settings:

["plugin.google.play.services"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs", supportedPlatforms = { android=true }, },

This is a very old version of the google play services plugin. No modern plugin uses this and will lead to problems with other plugins.

Rob

Oh I didn’t see that coming! Thanks for the enlightenment! :smiley: cheers!