Exclusive Access Error

When I try to save, it says that LuaGlider does not have exclusive access to the file and won’t let me save. It happens in and out for a little while and then it happens every time so I’m forced to shutdown Lua Glider and restart. I’ve lost work because of this.

Another thing that is still happening is LuaGlider jumps back to the left margin whenediting a long table. I have to fight with it to get it back to where I want because it jumps back even when scrolling.

I’m loosing all hope for LuaGlider at this point, any assistance would be appreciated.

I also saw why it snaps back to the left margin. Whatever the code does in a loop (checking for errors?) sends the cursor back to the start of the line. It finds its way back but if the cursor position is off screen, it glitches it out. Why does it do this?

So my support ticket gets ignored, and no reponse on the forum?

@aidanwolf,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Do you have the corona simulator running?

Thanks,

M.Y. Developers

Hello,

On and off, all depends on what I’m doing. I’ve checked to see if Photoshop, open folders, or the simulator are in anyway causing this and it still happens even if Lua Glider is the only program running. Is there anything outside Lua Glider’s updater that I should check?

Thank you.

Hello Aidanwolf,

Could you please upload logs via help-> upload logs so we can take a look at this issue.

Thanks,

M.Y. Developers

Okay, I uploaded the log. The program has been restarted since the last time I had the problem (early this morning), will you still get the information you need?

Thank you.

Yes, we should still be able to see it. Thanks for uploading the log. We will take a look at it and get back to you.

Thanks,

M.Y. Developers

I found a way around it (though it’s not 100%) if I run into the issue, I quit the simulator and press the play button which autosaves the file. The frequency of the error still increases though, and eventually I’m not able to save at all, even with the trick. Hopefully that puts you in the right direction.

Seems like I might have broken it using this strategy. Even after restarting the program, an exclusive access error appears every few times, sometimes with a message saying “Cannot save main.” It’s unsaveable within 10 minutes. Could it be how much I have open in Lua Glider? I have a dozen projects, dozens of files open at a time, any idea?

Hello AidanWolf,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We will have an update out soon that should fix this issue. We will let you know once its ready for you to try out.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

Hi AidanWolf,

We have released an update. Please try it out and let us know if it fixes your issue.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

I also saw why it snaps back to the left margin. Whatever the code does in a loop (checking for errors?) sends the cursor back to the start of the line. It finds its way back but if the cursor position is off screen, it glitches it out. Why does it do this?

So my support ticket gets ignored, and no reponse on the forum?

@aidanwolf,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Do you have the corona simulator running?

Thanks,

M.Y. Developers

Hello,

On and off, all depends on what I’m doing. I’ve checked to see if Photoshop, open folders, or the simulator are in anyway causing this and it still happens even if Lua Glider is the only program running. Is there anything outside Lua Glider’s updater that I should check?

Thank you.

Hello Aidanwolf,

Could you please upload logs via help-> upload logs so we can take a look at this issue.

Thanks,

M.Y. Developers

Okay, I uploaded the log. The program has been restarted since the last time I had the problem (early this morning), will you still get the information you need?

Thank you.

Yes, we should still be able to see it. Thanks for uploading the log. We will take a look at it and get back to you.

Thanks,

M.Y. Developers

I found a way around it (though it’s not 100%) if I run into the issue, I quit the simulator and press the play button which autosaves the file. The frequency of the error still increases though, and eventually I’m not able to save at all, even with the trick. Hopefully that puts you in the right direction.