Facebook plugin does not work with admob - build.settings file config

I use both plugins (Admob and Facebook) in some of my games, but due to the last update of facebook plugin (plugin.facebook.v4a) i needed to do some changes to my build.settings file.

Now, my applicationChildElements table looks like this:

applicationChildElements = {

[[
          <provider android:authorities="com.facebook.app.FacebookContentProvider295306638151416"
                    android:name="com.facebook.FacebookContentProvider" android:exported="true"/>
      ]],
      [[
          <meta-data android:name="com.google.android.gms.ads.APPLICATION_ID"
                     android:value="ca-app-pub-3363652022079333~3778750990"/>  -- replace with your Admob app id. See: https://goo.gl/fQ2neu
      ]]
  },

When i trying to make the build it does not work. Then if i remove the lines corresponding to facebook plugin it work. The console show this error:

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
02:31:11.638
02:31:11.638 * What went wrong:
02:31:11.638 Could not determine the dependencies of task ‘:App:lintVitalRelease’.
02:31:11.638 > Could not resolve all artifacts for configuration ‘:App:debugCompileClasspath’.
02:31:11.638 > Could not find appcompat-1.1.0.aar (androidx.appcompat:appcompat:1.1.0).
02:31:11.638 Searched in the following locations:
02:31:11.638 https://dl.google.com/dl/android/maven2/androidx/appcompat/appcompat/1.1.0/appcompat-1.1.0.aar
02:31:11.638

What facebook plugin are you using?

The error will tell you the reason:

Could not find appcompat-1.1.0.aar (androidx.appcompat:appcompat:1.1.0).

So this tells me that the Facebook plugin for whatever reason does not contain a reference to this library or maybe it did at some point it was removed with the assumption that some other plugin would have it. You can try to add it manually by adding it to your corona.gradle file:

dependencies {
    implementation "androidx.appcompat:appcompat:1.1.0"

}

But this might introduce a duplicate error if the reference with a newer version exists someplace else.

I use the latest facebook plugin: Facebook v4a (plugin.facebook.v4a)

About my corona.gradle file, there is not a corona.gradle file in my project.

Create a folder at the root of your project and name it:

AndroidResources

In that folder create a file and name it:

corona.gradle

Then add those lines to that file.

Ok, i’ll do it. I´ll tell you later the result…thanks

I’ve created that file but the problem persist.

I’ve searched the entire forum and can’t find anything about it.