Facebook v4a Game Request Dialog like candy crush saga send lives

I want to implement functionality to send app request to user’s friends.

I know we can do like this :

facebook.showDialog( "requests", { message = "You should download this game!", filter = "APP\_NON\_USERS" })

This code will open a facebook popup with list of user who has app not installed.
But to send request we have to select friends one by one on this popup.

I want to open a popup with already some friends selected in this popup like candy crush saga  :
Please see attach image: 

1561004106307.JPEG

Is this possible to open same popup in Corona plugin Facebook V4a ?

Can anyone help me to implement this popup please ?

Thank you.
Bhavin :slight_smile:

Hi @vlads and @rob,

Any one can help me please ?

We can’t spend time on this plugin until we finish Android 64-bit.

Rob

I believe this has completely been depreciated now by Facebook.

Hi @rob and @SGS,

Thanks for the info.

@SGS , then why it’s still working on Candy Crush Saga :slight_smile: ?

@Rob and @SGS, I have the same question about CCS (Candy Crush Saga). How is it that a freshly updated version of Candy Crush Saga (2 weeks ago) includes this feature as shown by BK PANARA above? We MUST compete with CCS, but how can we do so if the Facebook Plugin does not support this functionality?

Invitable Friends API

The Invitable Friends API is no longer usable with game requests. It now returns empty data and will be deprecated in the near future.

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/games/services/gamerequests/#invitablefriends

@SGS, thank you. Maybe this is a dumb question, so please forgive me. Can we implement this through the Corona facebook4a plugin?

@Rob, @SGS and @Vlads, very serious issue - please escalate.

Because our last opportunity to update our customers that use Android 8 and below is July 31st, and past this date we will NEVER be able to update or create new apps for Android 8 and lower (think international), we must create FINAL versions of our apps before this deadline in 32-bit to maximize our target audience.

As I wrote above, Candy Crush Soda most recently updated their app 2 weeks ago. They are able to directly invite, via the Facebook App, their friends to their game WITHOUT having to add names to the invite list…the FB app automatically populates the invite fields and allows the gamer to send to unlimited friends (albeit 50 at a time) without having to do anything but click a single button.

We want to get this working before the deadline - but how can we using the facebook v4a plugin?

Troy, there is no way, we can prioritize Facebook over Android. BTW I believe the latest (3498) version supports Android SDK 28. So we are in good shape there. We just have to catch the few problems with people having build fails for unknown reasons and work to solve UTF8 characters in path names.

Have you tried using “apprequests” instead of “requests” for the dialog?

Rob

@Rob , Yes, i just tried it and same result. we have to select users to send app request.

Thank you.

I don’t know what King is doing with Candy Crush. But Facebook is clear on what you should do here:

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/games/services/gamerequests/

If you scroll down to “Dialog Parameters”, one of the fields is “to”. This is either a single ID/username or invite token, or a comma separated list of the same. Perhaps, they are getting a list of friends and populating the “to” structure.

Rob

Hi @Rob,

Yes, i have seen “to” parameter for show app request dialog.
I also thought that if we pass user id list with comma separated, then we can do like Candy Crush Saga app request popup.

But now question is : can we get user’s friends list with their ids ?
I have tried this api : https://developers.facebook.com/docs/graph-api/reference/user/friends/
But i am getting empty table of friends. 

{"data":[]}

Do we need to get “user_frieds” permission to get list ?

And we need to add “user_friends” to login ?

facebook.login({"user\_friends"})

user_friends is no longer given out “for free”.  You will have to ask Facebook to allow it, case by case, and you will need to jump through hoops to get it.

And King has a lot more pull with Facebook than most people will have.

Rob

Hi @vlads and @rob,

Any one can help me please ?

We can’t spend time on this plugin until we finish Android 64-bit.

Rob

I believe this has completely been depreciated now by Facebook.

Hi @rob and @SGS,

Thanks for the info.

@SGS , then why it’s still working on Candy Crush Saga :slight_smile: ?

@Rob and @SGS, I have the same question about CCS (Candy Crush Saga). How is it that a freshly updated version of Candy Crush Saga (2 weeks ago) includes this feature as shown by BK PANARA above? We MUST compete with CCS, but how can we do so if the Facebook Plugin does not support this functionality?