Failed to copy built apk to destination directory

Hi all,

I’ve never launched an app so have absolutely no past knowledge by which to work from.

Currently trying to create a live build for Android Kindle Fire.
I’ve followed tutorials to the letter for the settings in the Android Build Setup dialog box (to the best of my knowledge).

I’ve downloaded the latest JSDK for windows (im working on a pc).

Everything starts ok… but then this happens.

19:52:15.328  Warning: 19:52:15.328  The signer's certificate is self-signed. 19:52:15.328  19:52:15.328  The timestamp will expire on 2030-10-17. 19:52:16.151  Excluding specified files from build: 19:52:16.151     excluding: LaunchScreen.storyboardc 19:52:16.151     excluding: Icon.png 19:52:16.151     excluding: Icon-\*dpi.png 19:52:16.151     excluding: Images.xcassets 19:52:39.803  BuildID: 5df931f0873d8 19:52:40.102  WebServices: downloading build 19:57:14.101  ERROR: Failed to copy built apk to destination directory. 19:57:14.962  Android build failed (1) after 298 seconds

I have tried to search for a YouTube video but nothing.

Can anyone help please.

hello.
I would suggest to select directory without any none latin symbols for output.
Also, things which can help: downloading latest daily build, installing java 1.8, making sure path to project and output directory doesn’t contain any non-ascii symbols. Like only English alphabet and numbers.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have now managed to create my app, I’ve also turned the star explorer game into an app and the hello world corona resourse into an app.

I’ve tried emailing the .apk files to myself, opening my gmail account on the kindle and clicking on the files.
I’ve also stored them in dropbox and then tried clicking on them from within the kindle dropbox app.

I’ve also wiped the kindle and downloaded the latest operating system which is 5 something.

I can run the apps as windows .exe files on my pc.

Its just the kindle environment I can not succeed with at the moment.

Everyone starts to appear to download/open but after a few seconds. Nothing. It all just shuts.

That’s why I have also created the star explore into an app and the hello world file, encase it was my coding causing the problems.

So although I can create the files I still can not run them as an app.
I feel I am so close but yet so far still.

I just want to get to one working app, and then I can play, tweak and learn different settings and configurations.

What can I try?

Thanks

I’ve managed to get them to work! Ignore above :slight_smile: