Failed to get Photon plugin when Target App Store is Amazon

Hello, I would like to ask about Photon Plugins. I had an error when try to build my game on Amazon. I used Corona Simulator Version 2016.294 9 and choose Target App Store : Amazon.  When the simulator try to downloading the plugins, I got this error message :

ERROR: Build Failed: A device build error occurred on the server. 

Error: Get plugin failed. 

Plugin: plugin.photon 

Publisher: com.exitgames 

User Account: info@xxxxxxxxx.com

BuildID: 57e9d8861dc4b

Error code: 5

It’s work fine when I choose Target App Store : Google Play. I already read this, but there is no answer about that. I already check about the photon settings on corona build.settings file, but still didn’t work.

I also check my corona market place for Amazon, the status is Pre-Activated, but I can’t edit or access it. Is this causing error when build on Amazon?

I’m very appreciate any kind of help. Regards.

Hi,

While we are working on this, you can try to use library from Photon Corona SDK instead of plugin: https://www.photonengine.com/Download/Photon-Realtime-Corona-SDK_v4-0-0-1.zip

Remove ‘plugin.photon’ section from build.settings file, copy photon.lua to application folder and import Photon modules via ‘require’ statement. See demo-particle/main.lua for differences between plugin and library import.

Note that for plugin “autodetection” , main.lua uses pcall(require,“plugin.photon”) check which returns true even if no ‘plugin.photon’ section in build.settings file but the plugin still presents in system. Remove photon files from “%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Corona Labs\Corona Simulator\Plugins” as well if you use autodetection approach. 

Plugin has been updated.

Please test.

Hi,

While we are working on this, you can try to use library from Photon Corona SDK instead of plugin: https://www.photonengine.com/Download/Photon-Realtime-Corona-SDK_v4-0-0-1.zip

Remove ‘plugin.photon’ section from build.settings file, copy photon.lua to application folder and import Photon modules via ‘require’ statement. See demo-particle/main.lua for differences between plugin and library import.

Note that for plugin “autodetection” , main.lua uses pcall(require,“plugin.photon”) check which returns true even if no ‘plugin.photon’ section in build.settings file but the plugin still presents in system. Remove photon files from “%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Corona Labs\Corona Simulator\Plugins” as well if you use autodetection approach. 

Plugin has been updated.

Please test.