failed to load .bin file

Did my first HTML5 build. When building I checked ‘include standard resources’.  Corona simulator automatically ran it in browser when build completed.  

BUT, when I went to the folder generated by the HTML5 build, and double clicked  on the ‘index.html’ … it would pull up a browser window, show ‘downloading…’ and an error msg :  “failed to load .bin”

I saw some forum posts with this same issue… and I tried all the suggestions I found. Cleared the folder completely and redownloaded.  Changed the path to where the html5 download would go to - and each time simulator runs it in the browser on completion of the build…  but when double click of the index.html - it gives same error.

I tried then to build a HTML5 sample from develephant called ‘fullcanvas’ and same thing… simulator auto ran in in browser, but double click of that index.html - same error.

I have Mac-mini Catalina and Safari 13.0.5 …  

Using Corona 2020.3567

I did copy the completed build folder to a PC and ran on IE and was able to get double click of index.html to run there.

I am guessing maybe some setting I have on safari?  Just not sure what settings to consider.

Any input on this is appreciated.

Thanks

Bob

I am having the same problem. I have tried deleting the website folder as talked about in Getting started with HTML5, but it didn’t work, and I have no idea how to let it find the .bin folder.

I use a Windows 10 PC and ran the game on Firefox and Chrome, to the same result. My Corona simulator is version 2018.6.25. Is that a more recent version? I don’t know…

I get the error when playing index.html on Firefox and Chrome.

To this point, I have not been able to run the game locally; however, if you can run the game using live server, it is distributable. Put the data, bin and index.html folders into a zip and upload it to itch and it runs just like when you first compiled, so don’t worry about running it locally! (I assume it works in a similar way for other platforms).

Online game hosting sites are built to host servers like the corona live server, so corona’ll plug in smoothly!