Failing to get controller input on macOS simulator

Hi!

I’m failing to get any controller input to test on my app, now being developed on my MacBook Pro running Ventura 13.3.1

The controllers do show up when i call system.getInputDevices(), they work using a browser based test and they show up under the “game controllers” list under macOS system preferences. One controller (a PS3 dualshock) even shows the axes when calling getAxes() but there are no key or axis events being triggered by any controller.

Any idea as to why this would be the case and how to fix this?

Thanks,
Thomas

"We understand that you’re unable to pair your DualShock 3 controller with your Mac, and we can help. As of July 2021, the only Apple-compatible controllers are the PlayStation DualShock 4 and the Playstation 5 DualSense. "

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253393397?answerId=256354611022#256354611022

Hi Scott, thanks for your reply! I had found some of this info online in my search for a solution. However, turns out that macOS (I’m on Ventura now) does recognise all of the controllers I throw at it, including the DualShock 3.

All of the controllers show up in macOS’s system Preferences with their name, keys and axes listed correctedly. They also all work in a browser based test with all keys and axes.

But they don’t in Corona simulator, with weird mixed results: the Dualshock 3 controller lists its axes in the Corona/Solar simulator (along with other device info) but doesn’t give any key or axis events. Other controllers give their name and other stuff as input in the simulator, but don’t show any axes.

As it turns out I have been able to get something to work “just enough for my case”: it’s a sort of Logitech Sony Dualshock knock-off, and the axes don’t show up, but I get the “left, right, up, down, button A, B, X & Y” key events. The analog stick axes don’t work, but the keys are enough for my app at the moment.

Still, it would be nice to get the things that show up in macOS’s game controller framework to show up in the Corona/Solar simulator.

Cheers,
Thomas

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.