FIXED - [build .2781] Some characters in the app name causes errors, e.g. space char

Hi,

if I build for tvOS and I use “Freeze 2” as the app name I get the following error:

Using Xcode asset: /Users/andreas/Desktop/Corona/__Build/Freeze 2.app/.build/Corona.xcassets

Building: Compiling Xcode assets

BUILD ERROR: Error while packaging assets: failed to load /tmp/lua_Niz2cj: 1

JSON: 

tvOS build failed (12)

If I use “Freeze-2” all is fine and the game can be installed on the device.

Best

Andreas

What version of Corona SDK are you using?

Rob

Hi Rob,

have a look at the headline. :wink:

BTW, I just posted something after your nice tutorial:
https://coronalabs.com/blog/2015/11/10/tutorial-getting-apps-ready-for-desktop-and-tvos/#comment-596957 

The “Menu” button of the remote returns “mediaPause”, not “buttonStart”.

Thanks & best

Andreas

I think it may have changed at some point. I’ll update the tutorial.

Rob

@avlepel: Give build 2015.2782 a try and let me know how it goes.

Hi Michael,

perfect, now the build works and the full name “Freeze! 2 - Brothers” is displayed on tvOS.

And I just added accelerometer controls, it’s really fun to play with this. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the fast help!

@Rob: Thanks for updating the tutorial. And hope you will give us some more info on the game you are working on for tvOS soon. I’m curious. 

Best

Andreas 

Great news, Andreas. Let us know of any other issues you encounter.

Oh my game isn’t very good. The artwork is really inconsistent.  It was my 3rd game that I built in about a month using a mix of clip art, hand drawn art, and two different graphic artists interpretation for the totally non-animated characters.  It the game, Santa has been kidnapped by the great yeti of the north, and you’re the elf who has to save Christmas. It’s a simple skiing game, avoid the trees, snowmen and rocks, pick up the presents and candy canes. At the end of each level you fight the yeti and save Dasher, then you do the same, saving Dancer and so on.  I think it’s a fun premise but the art isn’t good. The music could be more holiday themed. 

The game I should be porting is my Trivia game which I like the art and music for, has depth and is easily formatted to TV and the controller. But I’m doing the Christmas game because it’s a good way to test all of the tvOS Things that need tested with minimal work to get the accelerometer working and such.

Hi Rob, as long as the game is fun players can live with all different kinds of art styles and mash-ups. It only gets harder when you try to get people to actually pay for a game, because they are now used to AAA art for almost no money. But the way you describe it both my boys would love to play it, to save Dancer and Dasher from an evil Yeti, can’t get much better. :slight_smile: Thanks & best Andreas

What version of Corona SDK are you using?

Rob

Hi Rob,

have a look at the headline. :wink:

BTW, I just posted something after your nice tutorial:
https://coronalabs.com/blog/2015/11/10/tutorial-getting-apps-ready-for-desktop-and-tvos/#comment-596957 

The “Menu” button of the remote returns “mediaPause”, not “buttonStart”.

Thanks & best

Andreas

I think it may have changed at some point. I’ll update the tutorial.

Rob

@avlepel: Give build 2015.2782 a try and let me know how it goes.

Hi Michael,

perfect, now the build works and the full name “Freeze! 2 - Brothers” is displayed on tvOS.

And I just added accelerometer controls, it’s really fun to play with this. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the fast help!

@Rob: Thanks for updating the tutorial. And hope you will give us some more info on the game you are working on for tvOS soon. I’m curious. 

Best

Andreas 

Great news, Andreas. Let us know of any other issues you encounter.

Oh my game isn’t very good. The artwork is really inconsistent.  It was my 3rd game that I built in about a month using a mix of clip art, hand drawn art, and two different graphic artists interpretation for the totally non-animated characters.  It the game, Santa has been kidnapped by the great yeti of the north, and you’re the elf who has to save Christmas. It’s a simple skiing game, avoid the trees, snowmen and rocks, pick up the presents and candy canes. At the end of each level you fight the yeti and save Dasher, then you do the same, saving Dancer and so on.  I think it’s a fun premise but the art isn’t good. The music could be more holiday themed. 

The game I should be porting is my Trivia game which I like the art and music for, has depth and is easily formatted to TV and the controller. But I’m doing the Christmas game because it’s a good way to test all of the tvOS Things that need tested with minimal work to get the accelerometer working and such.

Hi Rob, as long as the game is fun players can live with all different kinds of art styles and mash-ups. It only gets harder when you try to get people to actually pay for a game, because they are now used to AAA art for almost no money. But the way you describe it both my boys would love to play it, to save Dancer and Dasher from an evil Yeti, can’t get much better. :slight_smile: Thanks & best Andreas