Flurry Sunsetting - What Now?

I just received a notification that Flurry will be closing up shop on March 15, 2024, so I’m in the market for a replacement analytics package.

Scanning the plugin directory, it looks like we’ve got Google Analytics, Firebase and GameAnalytics.

I used to use Firebase, but moved to Flurry because I have a lot of users on Amazon’s AppStore, and Firebase didn’t support Amazon. I’m unclear what the difference is between Google Analytics and Firebase, and I’ve never heard of GameAnalytics

My needs are very simple- New installs, DAU and retention. Any suggestions?

I’m in the same boat. I’m looking for something lightweight and very simple to use. I don’t want something bloated that will cause other crashes or issues in my app.

The only feature I actually need is basic event logging so I can track some of my own stuff.

Why not simply log your own stuff to your server? No plugins, no hassles, no crashes/ANRs.

(you can most likely use your own webspace for this so there is zero cost)

Mostly because I have no experience in server-side programming.

Mixpanel is what I moved to after Google dropped their universal google analytics. It’s very straightforward to implement and covers all the data that you’ve mentioned you need for your apps.

It’s not a coronalabs plugin, though, and is made by yogergames so I cannot say if this is going to be updated or maintained should there be any breaking changes in the future.

I do have a server that runs all multiplayer features, but I mostly want something out of the box that gives me a nice dashboard to make it easy to see everything at a glance. Flurry was perfect for that. I could easily see nice breakdowns and organize charts in any way I wanted.

Thank you for the suggestion- I’ll check it out.

I made a whole KPI screen for my games and various admin screens for the obvious.

I made a simple webView app so this is always on my desktop (the KPIs). It shows me installs (split by store), income (split by store), D1 retention (split by store), etc. Tracked over 30 days and in graphs using JS… It’s kinda cool.

1 Like

Try Microsoft Clarity Android SDK. They’re 100% free and launching thier iOS SDK pretty soon.

Hey,

Why don’t you guys checkout Zoho Apptics?

https://www.zoho.com/apptics/

Zoho has been dog fooding on this for quite a long time. It provides you light-weight yet modular SDKs.

You can reach out to me if you need any assistance. Will be happy to help

You’re able to provide solar2d plugins for the sdk? (I’m assuming you are associated with this company)

Will be willing to try if a plugin is made available

I ended up using firebase analytics in the meantime. Just the basic implementation for now. Took literally 5 mins to get working and it’s very straightforward.