Force Camera to Landscape Mode?

I have an app that needs to take a picture of important documents and that is working correctly, however just wondering if there is a way to “require” the user to take a picture in landscape mode?  Thanks!

Hi @lerxstrulz,

One idea is to check if the user is in landscape orientation via an “orientation” listener. If they are, display the camera. If not, instruct them to rotate the device (via an onscreen text message or whatever) and, when they do, display the camera. At least that’s my theory on how it could work. :slight_smile:

Brent

Well… *bangs head against desk*  I need to remember to step away for a while after a marathon session…lol that’s of course the best way to do it.  Thanks!

Hi @lerxstrulz,

One idea is to check if the user is in landscape orientation via an “orientation” listener. If they are, display the camera. If not, instruct them to rotate the device (via an onscreen text message or whatever) and, when they do, display the camera. At least that’s my theory on how it could work. :slight_smile:

Brent

Well… *bangs head against desk*  I need to remember to step away for a while after a marathon session…lol that’s of course the best way to do it.  Thanks!