[Free][Android] Chemin - Puzzle Game

Chemin is a puzzle game with 100 levels designed entirely by hand. To win just find the right path to the exit. Easier said than done because you can move only a certain number of boxes in a certain direction :slight_smile:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.samsoft.games.Chemin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjScls8LmRg&t=7s

Congrats! Nice looking game.

Rob

Thanks a lot Rob!

And thanks again because you have help me a lot as moderator of this forum :slight_smile:

Sam

Nice work! played for a bit, had some fun - gave you a good review.

Thanks Joe !

It looks really nice, Sam :slight_smile:
Really like the simplicity in the graphics. Will download it later today and try on my Android.

Thanks steinovehelset! In fact, there is no bitmap in the game. It uses only glyphs of fonts and rectangles to draw the game.

Oh that’s awesome!

Downloaded it and played for a while. It was really cool :smiley: I even left a 5-star review for you on Google Play.

The help text on top of the screen. How did you create them? It looks like you have managed to add line-height? When I insert multiline-text to my games it doesnt look any good.

As reward of your 5-star review, here my lib to compute the size of a text :wink:

Well, this is not really my lib cause I found the trick somewhere in this forum.

Unfortunately I can’t remember who is the real author :confused:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- -- textHelper.lua  -- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- local module = {} module.getTextDimension = function(options)   local txt=options.text   options.text=" "   local tempRow = display.newText(options)   local rowHeight = tempRow.height      options.text=txt   local tempText = display.newText(options)   local h=tempText.height   local w=tempText.width   local numRows = math.floor(h/rowHeight)      tempText:removeSelf()   tempRow:removeSelf()   -- return a table with the number of rows & pixel height   return {numRows=numRows, height=h, width = w} end return module

here an example of how you should used :

local options = { parent = group, text = text, fontSize = fontSizeText, font = self.fontText, align = center, x = screen.width \* 0.20, y = 0, width = screen.width \* 0.60 } local textInfo = textHelper.getTextRowsHeight(options) local tb = display.newText( options ) tb:setFillColor(unpack(self.white)) tb.anchorX = 0 tb.anchorY = 0 tb.y = screen.height / 2 - textInfo.height \* 1.25

Thanks, Sam!

But I can’t see that this will help me with line-height/space between the text-lines?
Maybe I just need to customize the font and export it.

Sorry Stein, I misread the question. Yes, the space between lines is effectively done by the font I used.

No problem, Sam!

I guess I just need to change my font :slight_smile:

Congrats! Nice looking game.

Rob

Thanks a lot Rob!

And thanks again because you have help me a lot as moderator of this forum :slight_smile:

Sam

Nice work! played for a bit, had some fun - gave you a good review.

Thanks Joe !

It looks really nice, Sam :slight_smile:
Really like the simplicity in the graphics. Will download it later today and try on my Android.

Thanks steinovehelset! In fact, there is no bitmap in the game. It uses only glyphs of fonts and rectangles to draw the game.

Oh that’s awesome!

Downloaded it and played for a while. It was really cool :smiley: I even left a 5-star review for you on Google Play.

The help text on top of the screen. How did you create them? It looks like you have managed to add line-height? When I insert multiline-text to my games it doesnt look any good.

As reward of your 5-star review, here my lib to compute the size of a text :wink:

Well, this is not really my lib cause I found the trick somewhere in this forum.

Unfortunately I can’t remember who is the real author :confused:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- -- textHelper.lua  -- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- local module = {} module.getTextDimension = function(options)   local txt=options.text   options.text=" "   local tempRow = display.newText(options)   local rowHeight = tempRow.height      options.text=txt   local tempText = display.newText(options)   local h=tempText.height   local w=tempText.width   local numRows = math.floor(h/rowHeight)      tempText:removeSelf()   tempRow:removeSelf()   -- return a table with the number of rows & pixel height   return {numRows=numRows, height=h, width = w} end return module

here an example of how you should used :

local options = { parent = group, text = text, fontSize = fontSizeText, font = self.fontText, align = center, x = screen.width \* 0.20, y = 0, width = screen.width \* 0.60 } local textInfo = textHelper.getTextRowsHeight(options) local tb = display.newText( options ) tb:setFillColor(unpack(self.white)) tb.anchorX = 0 tb.anchorY = 0 tb.y = screen.height / 2 - textInfo.height \* 1.25