Full of Energy

Well, my four hours are up (and then some, probably), so here’s what I’ve got.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK6PnWCvrGw[/media]

If this had been working just right (maybe another hour or 90 minutes?), the blobs (the blue-colored things) would be going after the globes (the glowing things) only once they’d been dragged far enough away from “home”, in the center… and the globes would always be dimming once dropped in the slots (near as I can tell, some of the “steal the globes” logic is firing, just not when it should be.  :huh:

Anyhow, the goal would have been to steal all the energy globes from the THING (I was thinking of this while implementing it…) and drag them into the slots, then play defense (tapping on blobs to pop them, temporarily disabling them) until time runs out, fending off the blobs who try absconding with your globes.

As you pilfer energy (drag-and-dropping globes into free slots), the THING’s smile turns upside down and its color changes, as does the music volume and the blob colors and speeds, and the reverse if the energy gets taken back.

The breakdown was something like 25 minutes on Saturday putzing around in Fruity Loops to make a “high energy” track, followed by maybe 90 or so minutes getting the basics of the game scene up, with the animating THING. About an hour this morning went into adding the title scene and info, game clock, win / lose conditions, and blob / globe generation, then another hour in the afternoon scrambling to try to get all the other logic in.  :smiley:

Code is here: Full of Energy It “works” on Android, at least according to my one brief test.

Maybe I’ll do more with it later; it might be decent once it works right. There’s a bunch of graphical fluff I had in mind if I ended up with extra time, so that would be an obvious improvement.

Nice work!

This game makes me think of increasing and decreasing energy levels of an atom.

Thanks.

I thought of ions almost as soon as I read the theme, but completely drew a blank on (four hour) game ideas.  :slight_smile:

Very cool!   I totally get the Vanguard vibe :) 

Nice!  Cool entry!

Nice work!

This game makes me think of increasing and decreasing energy levels of an atom.

Thanks.

I thought of ions almost as soon as I read the theme, but completely drew a blank on (four hour) game ideas.  :slight_smile:

Very cool!   I totally get the Vanguard vibe :) 

Nice!  Cool entry!