Future Corona Blitz Suggestions

Hi,

I would like to make a suggestion for future Corona Blitz themes, if I may.

Since it seems to me that the major benefit of participating in this event is to learn and test your knowledge and skills as a Corona developer I feel that the themes should be along those lines. For example one theme could be Location - the app must use the Location (GPS) API that the Corona SDK provides. Another example would be Drag and Drop - The app must implement drag and drop functionality.

In the end we all will be winners because participants may come up with some creative implementations that become code snippets or libraries that we all could use.

Having said that I plan on adhering to the theme by producing an app that makes use of “collections” within MongoDB.

Just My Two Cents,

Thanks

Good suggestions! I’m purposefully trying to keep the theme and restrictions more generic. Maybe what we can add in is a bonus section with some of these suggestions? I’ll try to keep this in mind for #2+

Hi Again,

Sorry. For those of you who do not know what MongoDB is and how it relates to “collections” …

MongoDB is an open source, document-oriented database. Instead of tables, records, and fields data is stored in collections. Records are analogous to documents and fields/values are key/values all in a JSON format (I’ll let you look that up yourself).

Cool! :slight_smile: I like it. I think this is a great opportunity for me to create small apps that can be used to teach and give back to the community. I love what you’re doing.

Good suggestions! I’m purposefully trying to keep the theme and restrictions more generic. Maybe what we can add in is a bonus section with some of these suggestions? I’ll try to keep this in mind for #2+

Hi Again,

Sorry. For those of you who do not know what MongoDB is and how it relates to “collections” …

MongoDB is an open source, document-oriented database. Instead of tables, records, and fields data is stored in collections. Records are analogous to documents and fields/values are key/values all in a JSON format (I’ll let you look that up yourself).

Cool! :slight_smile: I like it. I think this is a great opportunity for me to create small apps that can be used to teach and give back to the community. I love what you’re doing.