Game Center for macOS?

I remember this coming up for discussion earlier this year… just curious if it’s something that is coming soon?

Thanks,

Nate

Our engineers are currently tied up with some pretty big projects. Our gameNetwork API’s are based around an older version of GameCenter. Today GameKit is the modern way to do this. Warren Fuller has a GameKit plugin in the store for iOS. Perhaps you could reach out to him and see if he has plans to extend it to macOS while we look for time to work on this.

Rob

I can say it is on my things I plan to do if no else does it.

Thanks both of you for your replies.   That’d be awesome to have this plugin.  I’d definitely be interested!

This is right around the corner :slight_smile:

Awesome!  Looking forward to it - please keep us posted when it’s ready, or if you need help testing.  Thanks!!

1. This is now in corona plugin qa.
  2. The only way to test is to submit an app to the Mac App Store. If it work on iOS it will most likely for macOS.

Hey Scott, thanks for the update.  How long does it take usually to get through QA?  Also, have you been able to test with a live app?

1. Any where from 1 week to 4 months. Corona has a tendency to focus more on there partners or stop for a while and make do construction. Trying to submit a plugin is one of the most long and tedious processes if you are not a company or partner.

2. Vlad is doing some testing with me. I cannot find the screen shots but he has been testing through Xcode. Everything seems to be working expect the gamecenter pop ups(which I believed I had fixed)

Ouch… sounds long.  I assume then the plugin wouldn’t be available - at least through Corona - until it’s through their review?

https://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/66537-gamecenter-for-ios-tvos-and-macos/

Our engineers are currently tied up with some pretty big projects. Our gameNetwork API’s are based around an older version of GameCenter. Today GameKit is the modern way to do this. Warren Fuller has a GameKit plugin in the store for iOS. Perhaps you could reach out to him and see if he has plans to extend it to macOS while we look for time to work on this.

Rob

I can say it is on my things I plan to do if no else does it.

Thanks both of you for your replies.   That’d be awesome to have this plugin.  I’d definitely be interested!

This is right around the corner :slight_smile:

Awesome!  Looking forward to it - please keep us posted when it’s ready, or if you need help testing.  Thanks!!

1. This is now in corona plugin qa.
  2. The only way to test is to submit an app to the Mac App Store. If it work on iOS it will most likely for macOS.

Hey Scott, thanks for the update.  How long does it take usually to get through QA?  Also, have you been able to test with a live app?

1. Any where from 1 week to 4 months. Corona has a tendency to focus more on there partners or stop for a while and make do construction. Trying to submit a plugin is one of the most long and tedious processes if you are not a company or partner.

2. Vlad is doing some testing with me. I cannot find the screen shots but he has been testing through Xcode. Everything seems to be working expect the gamecenter pop ups(which I believed I had fixed)

Ouch… sounds long.  I assume then the plugin wouldn’t be available - at least through Corona - until it’s through their review?