Game developer wanted as judge! Plea from the heart!

I know that this is not directly related to a programming problem but please read on …

I have been teaching Lua and Corona SDK for several weeks now and my students have managed to develop some interesting apps. Many are variations of the work we have covered in lessons but never-the-less some have worked hard to produce them.

What I would like is for a ‘real’ game developer to come in and judge their efforts and give some indication of what the industry is all about.

Payment would be tea/coffee and cakes and maybe lunch if you are really good! If you think that you would like some time away from your desk and see some really nice lads (some lasses) then I teach at West Herts College in Watford (England UK)- check out our website www.westherts.ac.uk. If not - can you point me in the right direction to find someone … please … please … please with a cherry on the top.

Many thanks, :slight_smile: Robert [import]uid: 116086 topic_id: 35617 reply_id: 335617[/import]

I might be able to help. Drop me an email: ianatplantpotdotco

Ian [import]uid: 29093 topic_id: 35617 reply_id: 141683[/import]

Hi Robert!

I’d be happy to come and assist, it’d be really cool to see what your students have been working on.
You can email me at fashion[at]luv-apps.com

Best,
Cleo
Twitter: @LuvApp [import]uid: 73898 topic_id: 35617 reply_id: 141756[/import]

Thanks for such a great response. Hopefully you got my email and I really hope that we can make contact and inspire these lad and lasses to make something of their potential skills. Let me know when and how we can keep in contact - I’ll bring the Hobnobs! [import]uid: 116086 topic_id: 35617 reply_id: 141771[/import]

I might be able to help. Drop me an email: ianatplantpotdotco

Ian [import]uid: 29093 topic_id: 35617 reply_id: 141683[/import]

Hi Robert!

I’d be happy to come and assist, it’d be really cool to see what your students have been working on.
You can email me at fashion[at]luv-apps.com

Best,
Cleo
Twitter: @LuvApp [import]uid: 73898 topic_id: 35617 reply_id: 141756[/import]

Thanks for such a great response. Hopefully you got my email and I really hope that we can make contact and inspire these lad and lasses to make something of their potential skills. Let me know when and how we can keep in contact - I’ll bring the Hobnobs! [import]uid: 116086 topic_id: 35617 reply_id: 141771[/import]

Can I say a big public “Thank You” to Cleo. You done a sterling job with the students and some said that they were “inspired”- that is praise from 16 year old lads! Hopefully we’ll do it all over again next year. It must also be good karma when the latest email from Corona Labs mentions the Cloud and dynamicaly changing graphics in games. Brilliant day - brilliant lady - smiley faces all round! :slight_smile: :wub:

Can I say a big public “Thank You” to Cleo. You done a sterling job with the students and some said that they were “inspired”- that is praise from 16 year old lads! Hopefully we’ll do it all over again next year. It must also be good karma when the latest email from Corona Labs mentions the Cloud and dynamicaly changing graphics in games. Brilliant day - brilliant lady - smiley faces all round! :slight_smile: :wub:

It’s that time again. Anyone willing to be our judge this year. Cleo you are just brilliant and they all loved you (I may have lost you in the wires since) …  we would love you to return. Anyone else willing to show their wares and give some pointers to some budding young programmers then please email (Robert.higgison@westhert.ac.uk) or post a reply.

If you are in the Watford (UK) area and willing to give a GAP experience (short work experience moment) then we would really love you and the Hobnobs will be on me.

It’s that time again. Anyone willing to be our judge this year. Cleo you are just brilliant and they all loved you (I may have lost you in the wires since) …  we would love you to return. Anyone else willing to show their wares and give some pointers to some budding young programmers then please email (Robert.higgison@westhert.ac.uk) or post a reply.

If you are in the Watford (UK) area and willing to give a GAP experience (short work experience moment) then we would really love you and the Hobnobs will be on me.