gameAnalytics plugin duplicate symbol problems

When I build iOS app on 2020.3582, there are a problem linking

I guess this is related to gameAnalytics plugin.

Just one week ago, there was no problems.

Sorry
Not Solved…
on the version 1, no errors in build.
but on the version 2, the same problems…

The one of the server has a duplicate library. Not sure why. I removed the duplicate library and re-tared it. I don’t have unlimited bandwidth on my server plan but for now I will keep it here until it is fixed on the official distribution:

["plugin.gameanalytics"] = {
            publisherId = "com.cabagomez",
            supportedPlatforms = { 
                iphone = { url="https://cabagomez.com/plugins/0620str3w2mp232ssf/ios/beta/gameanalytics.tgz" },
                android = false,
                macos = false,
                win32 = false
            },
        },
1 Like

Same problem here. What happened with the GA plugin? I built successfully a few days ago with 2020.3580, but now I get a linking problem along with tons of warnings about duplicate symbols. Tried updating to 2020.3598 but same error.

ERROR: Builder failed: ld: warning: building for iOS, but linking in object file (/<PathToApp.app>/.build/libtemplate/libtemplate.a(CoronaProvider.gameNetwork.o)) built for free standing

Not sure why the error message mentions gameNetwork because this seems to be related only to GameAnalytics.

I really, really, really need it to work. Was just about to upload an update of my game to the App Store when I ran into this problem, and without GameAnalytics I won’t be able to collect any data during my soft launch which is extremely critical… :frowning:

Thanks @agramonte, you have saved my day! :smiley:

I hope that the “official” GameAnalytics plugin gets fixed soon.

Thanks @agramonte.

To add it, I’ll also ask for Android.

The Android version should have not had a problem and I did not make a change to that. And I tested the official version earlier today and Vlad has fixed the issue. You should be able to use the plugin as you were using it before.

I checked Android and there were no problems as original.

Thanks a lot

I still can’t seem to get the official GameAnalytics plugin to work for iOS. Just tried to build with latest 3599. Is there anything else I need to do to get it working? Clean up some local files maybe?

Are you using mine? The one on the server again has a duplicate library. The one on my server should be working.

Yes, the one on your server is working just fine. Thanks for providing it!

I thought that the official plugin had been fixed, but it doesn’t seem that way.

Yes. I’m using yours.
It works well. Thanks a lot.

Anyone knows if it is or will be possible to use the official GA plugin?

I tried to follow the instructions at https://gameanalytics.com/docs/item/solar2d-sdk but the links to solar2dplugins.com seem dead…

Nope doesn’t work. It is jacked up again. I can fix it and put that version on my server if it would help you.

Here is the link:
https://www.solar2dplugins.com/plugins/gameanalytics

But it doesn’t matter since for whatever reason GA keeps including the same library twice. And that breaks the build. It is sort of frustrating to me to see the same errors over and over again. I say see because I usually can get around them (but at a cost of time).

Ok, thanks. I totally understand your frustration.

I don’t necessarily need the latest version right now, just as long as it’s working. What about the version that you already have on your server, is that one ok to use?

EDIT: It seems to be working just fine. I’ve copied it to my own server to not consume your bandwidth when building. I guess I’ll just stick to this version until it doesn’t work anymore… From what I’ve understood from GA info mails the old SDKs will continue to be supported in iOS 14. Thanks for helping out!

1 Like

That version is what i was going to put back up. Glad it still works.

1 Like

I copied new build settings from https://www.solar2dplugins.com/plugins/gameanalytics
But when I had built for iOS - I got an error “There was a problem linking the app.”
With your version the build was successful. Thank you

My application doesn’t use any GameAnalytics but when I compile for IOS it says:

ERROR: Builder failed: ld: warning: building for iOS, but linking in object file (/Users/David/Desktop/sdg_medical IOS.app/.build/libtemplate/libtemplate.a(CoronaProvider.gameNetwork.o)) built for free standing
Aug 25 23:39:40.932 ld: warning: building for iOS, but linking in object file (/Users/David

My application doesn’t use any GameAnalytics but when I compile for IOS it says:

ERROR: Builder failed: ld: warning: building for iOS, but linking in object file (/Users/David/Desktop/sdg_medical IOS.app/.build/libtemplate/libtemplate.a(CoronaProvider.gameNetwork.o)) built for free standing
Aug 25 23:39:40.932 ld: warning: building for iOS, but linking in object file (/Users/David

GameNetwork is not the same as GameAnalytics.

Hi,

Sorry for the problem with building for iOS using the GameAnalytics plugin. It should be fixed now in the latest build.

Thanks,
Martin
Lead SDK Developer @ GameAnalytics

3 Likes