GameCenter support for tvOS

Is GameCenter support on tvOS already planned, and if so, any hints on the expected availability?

Best regards,

Tony

I’m checking into it.

Anything new about this issue?

That’s most important for us to - I cannot release he apart from that finished version of “Freeze! 2 - Brothers” for tvOS, because it syncs game progress with the iOS version, and of course it has to sync GameCenter, too.

Best

Andreas

Anyone knows if Corona is working on Game Center for Apple TV?

It’s on our list of things to do, but so is a large number of other items. I went to the feature request site (http://feedback.coronalabs.com) and I didn’t find any entries for GameCenter for tvOS or IAP for tvOS.

+1’s in the forums don’t provide us any trackable way of knowing what the community wants. I would suggest someone go create a request for this and get people to vote it up. Once I’ve got some traction here, I can try to get this higher up on the scheduling.

Rob

GameCenter for tvOS

Hi Rob,

Do you know if Game Center for tvOS is being worked on right now or is it schedule for sometime in the future?

Thanks 

We have an engineer looking at it and seeing what can be done. I don’t have a good feel for how long it will take, but it sounds like it’s a big time consuming task.

Rob

Apple (as our contact told us) want to push tvOS, so the chances to get featured for a normal iOS game are way better if you release the game for both iOS and tvOS, and support Game Center on both platforms. I guess we won’t make too much money with the tvOS-version yet (small user base in comparison to iOS gamers), but it’s absolutely worth it to release a fully supported tvOS version marketing-wise so Apple will push the iOS version, too.

I’m checking into it.

Anything new about this issue?

That’s most important for us to - I cannot release he apart from that finished version of “Freeze! 2 - Brothers” for tvOS, because it syncs game progress with the iOS version, and of course it has to sync GameCenter, too.

Best

Andreas

Anyone knows if Corona is working on Game Center for Apple TV?

It’s on our list of things to do, but so is a large number of other items. I went to the feature request site (http://feedback.coronalabs.com) and I didn’t find any entries for GameCenter for tvOS or IAP for tvOS.

+1’s in the forums don’t provide us any trackable way of knowing what the community wants. I would suggest someone go create a request for this and get people to vote it up. Once I’ve got some traction here, I can try to get this higher up on the scheduling.

Rob

GameCenter for tvOS

Hi Rob,

Do you know if Game Center for tvOS is being worked on right now or is it schedule for sometime in the future?

Thanks 

We have an engineer looking at it and seeing what can be done. I don’t have a good feel for how long it will take, but it sounds like it’s a big time consuming task.

Rob

Apple (as our contact told us) want to push tvOS, so the chances to get featured for a normal iOS game are way better if you release the game for both iOS and tvOS, and support Game Center on both platforms. I guess we won’t make too much money with the tvOS-version yet (small user base in comparison to iOS gamers), but it’s absolutely worth it to release a fully supported tvOS version marketing-wise so Apple will push the iOS version, too.

Is the tvOS + GameCenter integration being worked on? Does anyone know?

Cheers guys!