GameNetwork/Apple Game Center only show my best score

Whether I call request or show, it only shows my highest score.   I’m only in test with this, so I don’t expect to see other users, but I thought I would see more than just one score.   

Below are the two calls, as well as the event JSON from the loadScores call.

gameNetwork.request( "loadScores", { leaderboard = { category = boardId, playerScope = "Global", timeScope = "AllTime", range = { 1,25 } }, listener = scoresCallback } )

gameNetwork.show( "leaderboards", { leaderboard = { category = boardId, }, listener = leadersCallback } )

{ "data":[{ "date":"Friday, January 24, 2020 at 10:49:49 AM Central Standard Time", "formattedValue":"29", "playerID":"G:1034115197", "shouldSetDefaultLeaderboard":false, "category":"com.mikesellsoftware.4eels.highscores", "value":29, "unixTime":1579884589, "context":0, "rank":1 }], "localPlayerScore":{ "date":"Friday, January 24, 2020 at 10:49:49 AM Central Standard Time", "formattedValue":"29", "playerID":"G:1034115197", "shouldSetDefaultLeaderboard":false, "category":"com.mikesellsoftware.4eels.highscores", "value":29, "unixTime":1579884589, "context":0, "rank":1 }, "name":"gameNetwork", "provider":"gamecenter", "type":"loadScores" }

My experience by default it only shows top score. Not sure how to change that.

The docs on loadScores indicate parameters that indicate there are ways to get more, it just doesn’t seem to work.

If this is all it does, it’s not worth the effort.

I have the option with my solution to record all scores not just max what are the advantages? Just out of curiosity. There are some people in my games that are always at the top of the scores. Wouldn’t these people dominate the leaderboard? Is that beneficial?

Seriously?   What is the advantage of a global message board over just showing my best score?   Keep in mind the documentation suggests there are options to make it time based, so you can easily present the all time scores, monthly, weekly, daily, etc.

Participation trophies are lame.

I think you took the question the wrong way. I don’t know what the advantage are between one and the other and yes I can dice the scores in a million way. Does one way improve retention or session duration over the other way. I guess I can run an A/B test where I put one particular leaderboard first and see how it effects the game. I suspect very little, but I can be proven wrong.

After releasing a version with the leaderboard and trying from a couple of devices, it appears that the leaderboard only shows the high score for each player that is above you on the list, along with your high score.

So if PlayerA has scores of 100, 200, and 300, and PlayerB has scores of 10, 20, and 30, PlayerA will see:

PlayerA 300

And PlayerB will see:

PlayerA 300

PlayerB 30

So that does stop one player from monopolizing the leaderboard.

EDIT:  Today I’m seeing scores *below* mine, too.  That is actually ideal.