Getting Lime Ready for Open Source

Lime is going open source with the MIT License.

I know it took me longer than I thought to make the decision, but it’s made now

I haven’t done any work on it yet other than change the require() lines so the files can all live in a folder named lime – that way you can just add the folder to the project instead of a bunch of loose files. It appears to work okay like that, although my testing has been *ahem* minimal. :slight_smile:

Anyway, as soon as I can figure out how to work GitHub and stuff it will be available for people to use (version 3.5 is the version that’s going up) and for people to start making better.

I’m really looking forward to seeing where Lime goes from here.

Jay

Great!

C

Thanks Jay, I know this couldn’t have been an easy decision to make!

I look forward to seeing what happens with Lime!

Brian

Lime v3.5 is on GitHub but it may not be *really* ready for people to use. :slight_smile:

If you’ve used Lime before and wouldn’t mind trying out the version on GitHub, that would be helpful.

Specifically, you now throw the lime folder into your project rather than multiple Lime files. Which means you load it like this:

[lua]lime = require(“lime.lime”)[/lua]

Note that the variable lime needs to be global and not local. I personally don’t care if it’s global, but I know some people do, so fixing that might be nice.

So, can you throw the lime folder in your project, modify the require line to look like above, and have it work?

When that’s the case, we can call that the “starting point” and start pounding on this thing to make it “state of the art” once again!

Jay

Glad you’ve got it opensource, and can’t wait to see what comes of it.

C

Great news. Have you got the github link?

Found it: https://github.com/OutlawGameTools/Lime2DTileEngine C

Thank you :slight_smile:

Great!

C

Thanks Jay, I know this couldn’t have been an easy decision to make!

I look forward to seeing what happens with Lime!

Brian

Lime v3.5 is on GitHub but it may not be *really* ready for people to use. :slight_smile:

If you’ve used Lime before and wouldn’t mind trying out the version on GitHub, that would be helpful.

Specifically, you now throw the lime folder into your project rather than multiple Lime files. Which means you load it like this:

[lua]lime = require(“lime.lime”)[/lua]

Note that the variable lime needs to be global and not local. I personally don’t care if it’s global, but I know some people do, so fixing that might be nice.

So, can you throw the lime folder in your project, modify the require line to look like above, and have it work?

When that’s the case, we can call that the “starting point” and start pounding on this thing to make it “state of the art” once again!

Jay

Glad you’ve got it opensource, and can’t wait to see what comes of it.

C

Great news. Have you got the github link?

Found it: https://github.com/OutlawGameTools/Lime2DTileEngine C

Thank you :slight_smile: