Getting spritesheet data from sprite object

Hoping this is possible but I can’t seem to find anything in the documentation…

If I have a sprite created with display.newSprite() and sequence data, I can call .sequence and .frame to get the name of the sequence and the current frame pointer within that sequence, but can I instead get the filename of the image sheet it’s using, and the frame pointer of that sheet?

For example, with an image sheet of say… 20 images, I might have 5 sequences set up, each using 4 frames from the sheet, but .frame will just give me 1-4 regardless of which sequence is playing, instead of telling me that it’s frame 11 of the full sheet.

I could of course keep variables of this data to do a reverse lookup of the sequence and frame data I can already access, but if there’s an existing method for it then I don’t want to waste memory with my own mapping…

As usual, any help would be appreciated please.

I’ve ended up just doing this the variable map way actually, but if there’s a better approach I’d still love to hear it!

I’ve ended up just doing this the variable map way actually, but if there’s a better approach I’d still love to hear it!