Getting strange Runtime Error...

When trying to test a game on an Android device with build 3049 I get the following Runtime error at start while the main.lua is running:

java.lang.RuntimeException: /Users/jenkins/slaveroot/workspace/Templates/label/android/platform/resources/init.lua:889: module 'plugin.google.iap.v3' not found:resource (plugin.google.iap.v3.lu) does not exist in archive no field package.preload['plugin.google.iap.v3'] no file '(null)/plugin/google/iap/v3.lua' no file '(null)/plugin/google/iap/v3.lua' no file '/data/app-lib/www.XYZ/libplugin/google/iap/v3.so' no file './plugin/google/iap/v3.so' no file '(null)/plugin/google/iap/v3.so' no file '/data/app-lib/www.XYZ/libplugin.so' no file './plugin.so' no file '(null)/plugin.so' no file '/data/app-lib/www.XYZ/libplugin.google.iap.v3.so' no file './plugin.google.iap.v3.so' no file '(null)/plugin.google.iap.v3.so' stack traceback: [C]: ? [C]: in function 'require' /Users/jenkins/slaveroot/workspace/Templates/label/android/platform/resources/init.lua:889: in function 'require' ?: in main chunk

Can anyone please help what can cause this?

I’m using the following plugins in the build.settings:

["CoronaProvider.analytics.flurry"] =                 {                     -- required                     publisherId = "com.coronalabs",                 },                 ["CoronaProvider.ads.vungle"] =                 {                     publisherId = "com.vungle"                 },                 ["plugin.admob"] =                 {                     publisherId = "com.coronalabs",                     supportedPlatforms = { iphone=true, android=true }                 },                 ["plugin.gpgs"] =                 {                     publisherId = "com.coronalabs",                     supportedPlatforms = {android = true}                 },

Are you sure you don’t have require( “plugin.google.iap.v3” ) anywhere in your code?

Isn’t this needed for the InApp Purchase to work?

Yes, but then you’ll need to include it in your plugin list in build.settings:

https://docs.coronalabs.com/plugin/google-iap-v3/

It looks like you are missing this from your plugins section

["plugin.google.iap.v3"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs", supportedPlatforms = { android = true } },

The error is you are trying to use something you haven’t referenced in build.settings so it can’t be found (as it wouldn’t have been included in the build process)

Oh my… :slight_smile: how did I not see this!?

Thank you for your help!

Glad you were able to find the issue!

You don’t need to feel bad  :slight_smile:

Sometimes it’s difficult to find a problem unless asking for help from others to have a look with some “fresh eyes”…

Are you sure you don’t have require( “plugin.google.iap.v3” ) anywhere in your code?

Isn’t this needed for the InApp Purchase to work?

Yes, but then you’ll need to include it in your plugin list in build.settings:

https://docs.coronalabs.com/plugin/google-iap-v3/

It looks like you are missing this from your plugins section

["plugin.google.iap.v3"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs", supportedPlatforms = { android = true } },

The error is you are trying to use something you haven’t referenced in build.settings so it can’t be found (as it wouldn’t have been included in the build process)

Oh my… :slight_smile: how did I not see this!?

Thank you for your help!

Glad you were able to find the issue!

You don’t need to feel bad  :slight_smile:

Sometimes it’s difficult to find a problem unless asking for help from others to have a look with some “fresh eyes”…