Glider 1.9 crashing simulator with error 'Attempt to index upvalue 'tcpSocket' (a nil value)'

Crashing at line 1218 in CiderDebugger.lua.  Weird since that lua file doesn’t seem to exist in my project.  And strangely it crashes every other time I edit and save/run my project.   For example, if it crashes and then I add a space to a file and resave/run it will work.  If I run again it crashes, and keeps crashing until I make another change.  Very disruptive to working to say the least.  I downloaded the lasted version when this started happening, v. LuaGliderv19 201302132200

Fixed by ‘rebuilding all’ configurations (2 hammers icon).  Now rerunning doesn’t crash.

False hope, didn’t fix it.   Still crashing.   It seems to crash only if I press ‘Command-R’ to relaunch the simulator, not if I use the Run main project button in Glider.   This used to work prior to me updating to the recent build.

EDIT:  Ugh.  This is frustrating.  So every time I make an edit to a file, and command-S to save, the simulator relaunches and thus crashes.  if I press the Run button in Glider it runs without a crash, but it is really annoying to have a simulator crash (and all the popups that entails) every time I save a change.  

I can press the ‘relaunch’ button from the corona runtime error popup and it will continue crashing the same way, except for once every 10 button presses or so it relaunches without a crash!  Something very strange going on with this version of Glider.

Where is the location of CiderDebugger.lua?  It’s not saved to my project anymore, so where is it?  

Hello HardBroiledIndustries,

Sorry you are having so many issues. Do you use gchat by any chance? We can get your issue resolved much faster that way. Our gchat is mydevelopergames (at) gmail.com

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

This just started happening for me today too after updating the application… Just when I thought all my issues with Glider were over, this pops up.

Ok, I joined google chat and sent an invite, but no one home, I guess.   Can you just tell me the fix here so others (zrm310) with the same problem can also be helped?  Thanks.

@zrm and HardBroiledIndustries,

Sorry about this, I think we were able to replicate this issue on Mac. For some reason the simulator does not close open ports when it restarts, this is a stark contrast from how things work in windows. In any case we will get a fix for this asap!

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

As a temporary workaround you can turn off the auto-restart feature in the simulator like this:

http://view.xscreenshot.com/367fee3f68e44f38cd5c5faf6a245539

you can then just click the debug button again when you wish to restart.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

Thanks for the workaround (I should have figured that out) and the upcoming fix.

I am on a Mac running Corona daily build 2013.1142 if that helps track it down.

Hello,

Fix is available, please get it via help-> check for updates. Please confirm this is fixed when you get a chance. Sorry for the inconveniences this has caused. 

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

Thanks for the speedy fix! So far its working.

Fixed by ‘rebuilding all’ configurations (2 hammers icon).  Now rerunning doesn’t crash.

False hope, didn’t fix it.   Still crashing.   It seems to crash only if I press ‘Command-R’ to relaunch the simulator, not if I use the Run main project button in Glider.   This used to work prior to me updating to the recent build.

EDIT:  Ugh.  This is frustrating.  So every time I make an edit to a file, and command-S to save, the simulator relaunches and thus crashes.  if I press the Run button in Glider it runs without a crash, but it is really annoying to have a simulator crash (and all the popups that entails) every time I save a change.  

I can press the ‘relaunch’ button from the corona runtime error popup and it will continue crashing the same way, except for once every 10 button presses or so it relaunches without a crash!  Something very strange going on with this version of Glider.

Where is the location of CiderDebugger.lua?  It’s not saved to my project anymore, so where is it?  

Hello HardBroiledIndustries,

Sorry you are having so many issues. Do you use gchat by any chance? We can get your issue resolved much faster that way. Our gchat is mydevelopergames (at) gmail.com

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

This just started happening for me today too after updating the application… Just when I thought all my issues with Glider were over, this pops up.

Ok, I joined google chat and sent an invite, but no one home, I guess.   Can you just tell me the fix here so others (zrm310) with the same problem can also be helped?  Thanks.

@zrm and HardBroiledIndustries,

Sorry about this, I think we were able to replicate this issue on Mac. For some reason the simulator does not close open ports when it restarts, this is a stark contrast from how things work in windows. In any case we will get a fix for this asap!

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

As a temporary workaround you can turn off the auto-restart feature in the simulator like this:

http://view.xscreenshot.com/367fee3f68e44f38cd5c5faf6a245539

you can then just click the debug button again when you wish to restart.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

Thanks for the workaround (I should have figured that out) and the upcoming fix.

I am on a Mac running Corona daily build 2013.1142 if that helps track it down.

Hello,

Fix is available, please get it via help-> check for updates. Please confirm this is fixed when you get a chance. Sorry for the inconveniences this has caused. 

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

Thanks for the speedy fix! So far its working.

attempt to index upvalue ‘tcpSocket’ (a nil value)

It’s still happening with “Run Project” in the current new Glider version on a Mac sometimes.