Glider Freezing

any progress? i much prefer glider to zerobrane but it needs to stop hanging, and the crazy thing is, it used to work perfectly.

Hi

Is there an older version of glider available.

The freezing problem did not occur a year ago in that frequency.

Just reinstalled everything and it keeps hanging.

The method of shutting down Glider in the task manager is getting a daily ordeal.

Cheers,

Matt

Hey everybody, i was having a headache with Lua Glider yesterday, navigator was really slow since we added a lot of files to our project, so today i decided to try and fix it myself. My problem was that Glider was using Java 1.6 instead of a newer one, since i have multiple java installations.

I’m running Glider on OSX 10.10.3. What i did was i opened package contents, to modify it’s Java configuration. The configuration file is located inside the package, at Contents>Resources>luaglider2>etc>luaglider2.conf

I opened the file and changed some settings, like memory, (Xms and Xmx to 512 and 1024) which had almost no effect, but then i noticed that the “jdkhome” variable was pointing to a local JRE that is bundled with Glider, which seems to be a 1.6 JRE. I opened a terminal and ran /usr/libexec/java_home -v 1.7  to see if i had 1.7 installed, and i did. it returned “/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_67.jdk/Contents/Home” in my case, so i just replaced jdkhome with that, restarted Glider, and it now runs smoothly.

I have not tested with a newer Java version, seems I/O functions on 1.6 are not optimized. Here is what my conf file looks like now:

Hello everybody

@basiliogerman:

Thanks a lot for this contribution!

I have windows 8.1 and I don’t get the modified config file working. It keeps saying “cannot find java 1.7 or higher”.

What is the usual file path in windows which I have to insert here?

# ${HOME} will be replaced by user home directory according to platform default\_userdir="${HOME}/luaglider2/dev" default\_mac\_userdir="${HOME}/Library/Application Support/luaglider2/dev" # options used by the launcher by default, can be overridden by explicit # command line switches default\_options="--branding luaglider2 -J-Xms512m -J-Xmx1024m -J-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -J-XX:MaxPermSize=256m -J-Xverify:none" # for development purposes you may wish to append: -J-Dnetbeans.logger.console=true -J-ea # default location of JDK/JRE, can be overridden by using --jdkhome \<dir\> switch # jdkhome="jre" &nbsp;jdkhome = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0\_79\jre\lib" # clusters' paths separated by path.separator (semicolon on Windows, colon on Unices) #extra\_clusters=

Cheers,

Matt

Thanks for the fix @basiliogerman.

My Glider has been running for the last 3 days without any problem!

Giving basiliogerman’s fix a try. Getting tired of how sluggish Glider feels lately.

Too many performance problems with Glider… Netbeans really. I have loved it and will miss it, but I am taking the plunge and investing time into learning Sublime and making it my Corona editor.