Glider x Dropbox - CPU consumption

I have noticed that every time that I open the GLIDER, my CPU consumption increases like crazy.

But different from the other times, that GLIDER was the one consuming the CPU, now it is the Dropbox agent.

It like a switch, I open GLIDER, Dropbox consumption goes high, taking 98% of my CPU.

My Glider Projects are inside my Dropbox folder, what makes me believe that GLIDER is doing something in the background that is triggering Dropbox.

MY Developers, any ideas what is causing that and how do I turn it off?  

Hello Renato,

That is rather strange behavior. The only time Glider changes your source files quickly is when it auto-inserts the CiderDebugger.lua as well as the require debugger line in main.lua. Both these changes are small and I cannot imagine it would cause dropbox to thrash the CPU. 

Does this occur when you run/debug or just randomly?

Glider stores things like autocomplete indexes in the user directory (help-> userdir) please make sure that is not somehow included in dropbox.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

Hi MY.

I was actually going to post here today an update. I stopped using Glider as my IDE due to the constant freezes (as reported on the other thread) and started using Sublime/Corona Editor.  The dropbox goes crazy with Sublime as well, so I believe it is a problem with Dropbox instead of Glider or Sublime.

Sorry for the wrong bug report.

Best,

Hello Renato,

That is rather strange behavior. The only time Glider changes your source files quickly is when it auto-inserts the CiderDebugger.lua as well as the require debugger line in main.lua. Both these changes are small and I cannot imagine it would cause dropbox to thrash the CPU. 

Does this occur when you run/debug or just randomly?

Glider stores things like autocomplete indexes in the user directory (help-> userdir) please make sure that is not somehow included in dropbox.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

Hi MY.

I was actually going to post here today an update. I stopped using Glider as my IDE due to the constant freezes (as reported on the other thread) and started using Sublime/Corona Editor.  The dropbox goes crazy with Sublime as well, so I believe it is a problem with Dropbox instead of Glider or Sublime.

Sorry for the wrong bug report.

Best,