Google Play search engine woes

I’ve just published my first game on Google Play (btw THANK YOU corona for giving us the opportunity).

For some reason, when I type in the name of the game like so: Mars Rocket I don’t see it appearing in the search results, only when I look for the whole expression, like so: “Mars Rocket” then it appears. It also appears when I search for it without the space in between, like so: marsrocket.

Is this normal behavior for the Google Play search engine, or is there anything else that comes into play (no pun intended), like the name of the package?

I’m no expert.

IMHO those two words separately are probably very popular - just think of the movies about mars add that to the concept of a space game - and rockets go into space i probably think that there are just way too many other apps out there with those combos so you get pushed out since your new and have no existing presence.

I think you get a ht when you do “mars rocket” as that tells the engine to search for both words in that context - other apps might have " travel to mars in your own special rocket" or something similar i.e. not right next to each other.

well

that’s my 2 cents

T.

I don’t think so, there must be other factors in place, e.g. titles with just the word “rocket” in it appear and mine doesn’t, it must be related to number of downloads or something along those lines I guess.

I’m no expert.

IMHO those two words separately are probably very popular - just think of the movies about mars add that to the concept of a space game - and rockets go into space i probably think that there are just way too many other apps out there with those combos so you get pushed out since your new and have no existing presence.

I think you get a ht when you do “mars rocket” as that tells the engine to search for both words in that context - other apps might have " travel to mars in your own special rocket" or something similar i.e. not right next to each other.

well

that’s my 2 cents

T.

I don’t think so, there must be other factors in place, e.g. titles with just the word “rocket” in it appear and mine doesn’t, it must be related to number of downloads or something along those lines I guess.