GPGS and Google Drive Api dependency

Hello there,

When i use GPGS in our games 2 yrs back, there was some issue with initialization. Then i found the solution that it needs DRIVE API and one more thing to be enabled in console. I tried that and it works perfectly after that.

Now i am afraid as i got an email from “Big G”. They have clearly mentioned that all my games have used DRIVE Api which is depricated and will be stopped in Dec 2019. Please look into this matter and ensure that leaderboards will not get effected by this. I am afraid if it gets stopped then all the users will be feel bad and leave my game.

So its a request to please look into this and make sure that this move by G will not effect users.

I hope you got my issue and make it resolved soon.

Thank you

We hade an engineer looking into this before the holidays. I need to find out a status.

Rob

Ok Rob, That’s great. I am sure there must be a lot of users in few months that will start looking for this.

Please update us with any new update in this thread later.

Hi, we also need to update our games with this change in mind. Is there an update?

Hello Rob,

Is there any update on this. I am worried because suddenly gpgs.login has stopped working. M not yet sure if this has to deal with this problem or its something else that came with 2019.3531

We have created a new card game and when i add gpgs.v2 in build.settings and added code to login then nothing happened. I am not sure how this stopped working, I updated corona sdk on 1st of this month and found gpgs.v2 not working with login.

can someone please confirm if this is happening to them as well.

I have added plugin in settings, required access to internet, license, added license key in config, require the plugin in my library and tried to do login. It goes little dark for some seconds and then resume back and nothing in the logcat.

Please help me with this issue and confirm that Latest corona sdk is working good with this plugin.

Did someone manage to find a solution for this problem?

i’m trying to upgrade my already released game to use gpgs v2, and getting the same behavior-

the login passed without error , but when i am trying to show leaderboard or achievements nothing happens,

and i can see in the log “plugin.gpgs: Not connected”

I’ve tried to delete the client ids from the developer console and link another application but couldn’t make it work

any idea?

thanks, Barak 

Did someone manage to find a solution for this problem?

i’m trying to upgrade my already released game to use gpgs v2, and getting the same behavior-

the login passed without error , but when i am trying to show leaderboard or achievements nothing happens,

and i can see in the log “plugin.gpgs: Not connected”

I’ve tried to delete the client ids from the developer console and link another application but couldn’t make it work

any idea?

thanks, Barak