gpgs.loadImage Trying to load another players profile image.

Im creating a multiplayer game and need to load the gpgs profile images for myself and the opponent. im working on Android.

Is it required to load another players gpgs profile image to be friends or in your g+ circle?

using gpgs.loadImage

I can successfully load my own profile image and display it, but when i get the uri of another testing device i have and run the gpgs.loadImage with that uri, it returns and event.error

Error message is “Image Not Found”

On the other testing device, again loading the image with the same URI above (on this device again would be my own profile image) i can download and display it, but it does not download the other testing devices uri saying image not found in the event error listener.

Basically i can only load my own gpgs profile image with gpgs. when o try to load another using a correct uri string, it wont find the image?

I can’t help you with this one, but thanks for the info, is interesting.

Anyway I have a question for you, are you able to download the scores in the leaderboard? In this case, could you tell me if you have used gpgs.leaderboard.load ?

Thanks in advance

Hi jgaldeanol,

update on this, My problem was, i was getting the img uri when loading the app, and storing it on my server, then from another device trying to load the image uri from the string i stored did not work.

So i changed it to store the player gpgs id on my side, and then from the other device, i did a load player data, and in the listener, loaded the img uri from there, and that seems to work, so really it either did not like the string, or it needs to load the player data before it loads the image.

With leaderboards, i dont download scores from the leaderboard, if i need to show a leader board i use the gpgs.leaderboard.show method, or use my own leaderboards.

I can’t help you with this one, but thanks for the info, is interesting.

Anyway I have a question for you, are you able to download the scores in the leaderboard? In this case, could you tell me if you have used gpgs.leaderboard.load ?

Thanks in advance

Hi jgaldeanol,

update on this, My problem was, i was getting the img uri when loading the app, and storing it on my server, then from another device trying to load the image uri from the string i stored did not work.

So i changed it to store the player gpgs id on my side, and then from the other device, i did a load player data, and in the listener, loaded the img uri from there, and that seems to work, so really it either did not like the string, or it needs to load the player data before it loads the image.

With leaderboards, i dont download scores from the leaderboard, if i need to show a leader board i use the gpgs.leaderboard.show method, or use my own leaderboards.