GPGS plugin events not working

Hi,

The function for gpgs events not working the app keep on crashing. when I load the list of events from google play using “gpgs.events.load” my app crash, and the “gpgs.events.increment” didn’t have a listener to determine if it is done on sending data on google play game service.

Thanks,

Marlon

local function dsp_events(event)

local str=""

if not event.isError then

if (#event.events > 0) then

for i=1, #event.events do

str = str … event.events[i].name … “\n”

str = str … event.events[i].steps … “\n”

end

end

native.showAlert("", str, {“OK”})

else

native.showAlert("", “Unable retrieve events!”, {“OK”})

end

end

gpgs.events.load( {eventIds={“CbjIyL8s9sKHCAQQFk”,“CbjIyL7s2sKHCBQEFh”}, reload=true, listener=dsp_events} )

Just for future reference you should post gpgs questions here https://forums.coronalabs.com/forum/621-game-networking/ due to the fact the gpgs plugin is a official corona sdk plugin and is not made by the community

I’ve moved the post to the Game Networking forum.

Next, it would be really helpful if you used code formatting for your code. You can either type:

[lua] paste your code here [/lua]

or click the blue <> button in the row with Bold, Italics, etc. and paste your code into the popup window.

Finally it would be helpful to have a copy/paste of your device’s console log showing the error and to know what version of Corona SDK your running and if you’re building for iOS or Android.

Thanks

Rob

[lua]

gpgs = require( "plugin.gpgs" ) local function dsp\_events(event) local str="" if not event.isError then if (#event.events \> 0) then for i=1, #event.events do str = str .. event.events[i].name .. "\n" str = str .. event.events[i].steps .. "\n" end end native.showAlert("", str, {"OK"}) else native.showAlert("", "Unable retrieve events!", {"OK"}) end end gpgs.events.load( {eventIds={"CbjIyL8s9sKHCAQQFk","CbjIyL7s2sKHCBQEFh"}, reload=true, listener=dsp\_events} )

[/lua]

I included the gpgs plugin on my build.settings, and completely initialized and login an account on game services and i’m using a valid appID from google play game services account. I haven’t make all the gpgs.events function to work.

Just for future reference you should post gpgs questions here https://forums.coronalabs.com/forum/621-game-networking/ due to the fact the gpgs plugin is a official corona sdk plugin and is not made by the community

I’ve moved the post to the Game Networking forum.

Next, it would be really helpful if you used code formatting for your code. You can either type:

[lua] paste your code here [/lua]

or click the blue <> button in the row with Bold, Italics, etc. and paste your code into the popup window.

Finally it would be helpful to have a copy/paste of your device’s console log showing the error and to know what version of Corona SDK your running and if you’re building for iOS or Android.

Thanks

Rob

[lua]

gpgs = require( "plugin.gpgs" ) local function dsp\_events(event) local str="" if not event.isError then if (#event.events \> 0) then for i=1, #event.events do str = str .. event.events[i].name .. "\n" str = str .. event.events[i].steps .. "\n" end end native.showAlert("", str, {"OK"}) else native.showAlert("", "Unable retrieve events!", {"OK"}) end end gpgs.events.load( {eventIds={"CbjIyL8s9sKHCAQQFk","CbjIyL7s2sKHCBQEFh"}, reload=true, listener=dsp\_events} )

[/lua]

I included the gpgs plugin on my build.settings, and completely initialized and login an account on game services and i’m using a valid appID from google play game services account. I haven’t make all the gpgs.events function to work.

Any answer on this?  I cannot see any events being recorded in the Game Services on the Play developer console.

I am wondering if the user has to be logged in for it to work, or if there is something other than calling gpgs.events.increment (once the plugin is added and required)

Any answer on this?  I cannot see any events being recorded in the Game Services on the Play developer console.

I am wondering if the user has to be logged in for it to work, or if there is something other than calling gpgs.events.increment (once the plugin is added and required)