Here is my code:
local function waitRoom(event) if event.isError then native.showAlert(event.errorCode, event.errorMessage, {"OK"}) else native.showAlert("PlayerIds", {event.playerId[1], event.playerId[2]}, {"OK"}) end end gpgs.multiplayer.realtime.showSelectPlayers({minPlayers = 1, maxPlayers = 1, listener = waitRoom} )
The red line is my problem, I don’t know if I got it correctly whenever I’m trying to generate the playerIds of the participants, it’s not showing the alert box.
I do know that the function is working since I already tried replacing the event.playerIds with event.name and it returned alert box “showSelectPlayers” right after I chose players from Google Play Dialog Box and hitting “PLAY” .
Only I don’t know how to format the array of playerIds. I am trying to add 1 player in addition to my device, total of 2 players.
PS: The google play option for
Hi @rhaineyensid,
The correct event property is playerId s (plural), not singular as you have in your code. Please see here:
https://docs.coronalabs.com/plugin/gpgs/multiplayer/realtime/event/showSelectPlayers/playerIds.html
Best regards,
Brent
hi brent, I already tried playerIds but with different syntax. so to clarify, this correction will work:
native.showAlert(“PlayerIds”, {event.playerIds[1], event.playerIds[2]}, {“OK”})
end
I just thought maybe i can try making each elements, singular that’s why.
still not working for me brent, can you provide a sample line of code with alert box displaying the playerIds (mine and other player). assuming this line of code is already within the function…(event)
Hi @rhaineyensid,
So you want the IDs to be in the “message” part of the alert box? If so, you need to make that parameter into a string as outlined in the docs:
https://docs.coronalabs.com/api/library/native/showAlert.html
So it might look like this:
[lua]
native.showAlert( “PlayerIds”, event.playerIds[1]…", "…event.playerIds[2], {“OK”} )
[/lua]
Hi @rhaineyensid,
The correct event property is playerId s (plural), not singular as you have in your code. Please see here:
https://docs.coronalabs.com/plugin/gpgs/multiplayer/realtime/event/showSelectPlayers/playerIds.html
Best regards,
Brent
hi brent, I already tried playerIds but with different syntax. so to clarify, this correction will work:
native.showAlert(“PlayerIds”, {event.playerIds[1], event.playerIds[2]}, {“OK”})
end
I just thought maybe i can try making each elements, singular that’s why.
still not working for me brent, can you provide a sample line of code with alert box displaying the playerIds (mine and other player). assuming this line of code is already within the function…(event)
Hi @rhaineyensid,
So you want the IDs to be in the “message” part of the alert box? If so, you need to make that parameter into a string as outlined in the docs:
https://docs.coronalabs.com/api/library/native/showAlert.html
So it might look like this:
[lua]
native.showAlert( “PlayerIds”, event.playerIds[1]…", "…event.playerIds[2], {“OK”} )
[/lua]