Gpgs.v2 not working when Google signing is turned on

I am using gpgs.v2 plugin from long time and it was working perfectly always.
Now recently when i made new games, i have opted Auto signing by Google for apps at console.
My settings page is good, networkslibrary is same as always, licensing is enabled, leaderboard is published etc etc but now when i try to login using gpgs.v2 then screen goes dark for a while as it is trying to connect somewhere and then disappear leaving game screen as it is.
So try to understand something is broken somewhere with gpgs.v2. May be when Google is signing the app, it is adding some different certificates.
Any suggestions on this as how to make leaderboard work.

Hi,

There was an announcement a few months back to change all occurrences of the plugin name from plugin.gpgs.v2 to:  plugin.gpgs

Hi @dislam, GPGS v2 is the latest version and it’s a replacement for the older plugin.gpgs.

Okay, sorry for the misinformation, I thought there was some thread where it was mentioned to change the plugin name back to the old name.

Rob, any suggestion or helping thread on this. I think the problem is because of Google is signing the app at their end so adding certificate from their end. I read in a thread on adding that certificate to my keystore but not sure if that will work or if it will just absorb my time.

I would suggest, if this is the case, not doing Google signing, but once you’ve chose that option, you can’t go back to your own signing and you loose the ability to submit .aab files.

I did a quick search and this seems to be a problem across other platforms. This post from the Unity forums may suggest a solution:

https://github.com/playgameservices/play-games-plugin-for-unity/issues/1834

Rob

Thank Rob, i just go through a basic reading and looks like the Unity guys have got the solution for this. I am working on some other stuffs at monent so i will check this in next working day. I will post here the results but i am sure i need to add the certicate of google to my keystore somehow for corona to make this work.

@sahil19.sindh Just out of curiosity did you ever figure this out? I am having the same issue when I try to upgrade to the v2 version but works perfectly find with the older version.

We cannot turn off the auto signing so leaderboard will never work, Main thing is this happens to only newly added games so we remove that add added new game to make it work. On all old games we choose upload key and it works fine.