Green Throttle error on runtime

Copyright © 2009-2013  C o r o n a   L a b s   I n c .

2013-04-19 11:06:07.366 Corona Simulator[16310:707]     Version: 2.0.0

2013-04-19 11:06:07.367 Corona Simulator[16310:707]     Build: 2013.1089

2013-04-19 11:06:07.373 Corona Simulator[16310:707] The file sandbox for this project is located at the following folder:

(/Users/chris/Library/Application Support/Corona Simulator/greenthrottle-A466A87277E9742728EABF8CC272EDA9)

2013-04-19 11:06:07.396 Corona Simulator[16310:707] WARNING: Simulator does not support accelerometer events

2013-04-19 11:06:07.397 Corona Simulator[16310:707] Runtime error

…chris/Downloads/PluginSamples/greenthrottle/main.lua:36: attempt to index global ‘monkey’ (a nil value)

stack traceback:

[C]: ?

…chris/Downloads/PluginSamples/greenthrottle/main.lua:36: in function <…chris/Downloads/PluginSamples/greenthrottle/main.lua:34>

?: in function <?:218>

Oops, looks like we sent out the wrong sample. 

We just posted the correct sample here: https://github.com/coronalabs/Pong-Greenthrottle

Oops, looks like we sent out the wrong sample. 

We just posted the correct sample here: https://github.com/coronalabs/Pong-Greenthrottle

Has anyone got Walter’s new sample working? I notice the build.settings file has NO mention of greenthrottle. Is this right?

Argh, good catch! We just fixed it. Do you have a greenthrottle controller?

Yes we have a Green Throttle! (Still waiting for an Ouya and GameStick to arrive.)

Damn, I was hoping the omission was intentional. I’m now back to the previous error message I had. On installing it just gives the message: “App not installed.”

I’m using:

Windows 8 64-bit

Corona SDK Build 1100 (not enterprise)

The same thing happens on both our Nexus 7 and Galaxy S4.

Do plugins only work on enterprise?

Is it possible to use the Green Throttle controller with the simulator or is are plugins another device only feature?

Does the simulator automatically download the latest plugin version?

Thanks,

Ian

I’ve been pinging the GT folks to update the documentation about how to set it all up.

Just a guess, but I think this may be talking about the Arena app that needs to get installed?

http://greenthrottle.com/arena

Hi Walter, I use the Arena app to make sure my controller is properly paired before starting a game like Gunslugs.

My problem though is installing the Corona app I have built, in this case the Pong sample. I download the apk to the device, press install and it gives me the error message: “App not installed.”

Does it work for you?

Same problem with the Mac on 1094. Builds won’t install.

Has anyone managed to get the Green Throttle plug-in working yet or are we the first trying it?

** UPDATED POST **

@Spideri,

You’re not alone.

I too am having this problem with Pong-Greenthrottle

I’m using:

• Windows 7 64-bit
  • Corona SDK Build 1089 (Pro)
  • Nexus 7 Device

I’m switching to Enterprise and giving it another go… will post back.

I just gave this a try with this config:

• OS X 10.7.4
  • Corona SDK Build 1101 (Pro)
  • Nexus 7

Still no joy.

I’m trying Enterprise next, but I’m still a neophyte with it, so don’t hold your breath.

Do you get the same problem?

@Spideri,

Yes. I’m getting the ‘App not installed’ message when I try to install.  

Again, building without the build.settings file allows me to install but not run the demo.  I think you saw the same behavior, yes?

-Ed

Yes, exactly.

Okay, so about the “App not installed” issue using Corona SDK (not Enterprise), we don’t know what happened but there was an Android SDK update we had to install.

Can you guys try again with the latest daily build? You’ll need to use the original build.settings from Pong-Greenthrottle.

Incidentally, if you were using ‘adb’ command line tool to install (instead of downloading the apk), you would have seen this error:

Failure [INSTALL\_FAILED\_DEXOPT]

Just note that Player 1 is set up for the left side even though the ball goes to the right by default, so you need 2 controllers to really play with it!

@Walter,

Sorry for the delay.  I spent the morning writing articles…  Now on to the test.  

1. I downloaded the latest build for Windows (CoronaSDK 2013.1101)

2. I installed and built on Windows 7

3. Uploaded to Nexus 7

4. Installed -  SUCCESS!

5. Ran Arena to get device connected to controller.

6. Ran Pong

7. Moved Left Paddle with Controller 1

I’ll have to hook up controller 2, but so far it looks good

Thanks!

@roaminggamer You said previously that it didn’t work with 1101 and now you say you downloaded the latest version (1101) and it works. How could re-downloading the same build fix it?

I’ve just tried with 1106 on Win8 and I get the same error: App not installed (Galaxy S4).

@walter The original build.settings? You mean the version before you added in:

plugins =

{

– key is the name passed to Lua’s ‘require()’

[“plugin.greenthrottle”] =

{

– required

publisherId = “com.greenthrottle”,

},

},    

@spideri,

Yes, and No.  I stated that I tried 1101 on Mac and it didn’t work.

My path was:

• 1089 Windows (FAIL)

• 1101 Mac (FAIL)

… wait

… Walter’s reply

• 1101 Win (SUCCESS)

When Walter said “try the latest build”, and I saw that it was still 1101, I though, “Hmmm. Already tried it…well OK I’ll try again.”

So, just for kicks I downloaded and tried it (1101) on the Window build (my preferred work environment) and was pleasantly surprised when the app installed and ran.

Again, I was surprised, but I’m guessing there was a tooling change on the backend (Corona Labs side).

I have not gone back and tried 1101 on Mac.

Please try this APK and see if it installs for you: http://downloads.roaminggamer.com/fire/em.apk

This is the one I last built with Windows 1101.

Note: Ignore the name of the path.  I  used to develop on my Kindle Fire and never got out of the habit of placing binaries in the ‘Fire’ directory.   This was built using the ‘generic Android’ build option.

-Ed

@roaminggamer Thanks, you build installs just fine for me.

I rolled my Corona SDK back from 1106 to 1101. I still get “App not installed”.

I redownloaded the latest pong sample just in case I changed something while trying to get it to work. No change.

Did you use “the original build.settings” as Walter suggested? Which one?