Hardcoded back button text is in English on Iphone

I use the plugin QR Scanner, which shows a camera screen with a top bar overlay. The title text of this bar is configurable by a table with options. To cancel out of the camera, on Android a graphic back button is shown. But on Iphone, in its place is the text “Cancel”. I need to at least translate this to the app’s language. However, no further option in the table is present in the documentation.

Has someone been able to configure this back button text, or replace it with a graphic, on Iphone?

Or is there possibly a default text for all back buttons on IOS built into Corona that I could configure in system or build settings?

Hi Henrik!

That button is OS based, it uses the phone’s language.
Do you still need to specify a different translation for this button?

That’s weird, it behaves the same on two Iphones both set to Swedish.

One idea is that these texts (“Cancel” etc for buttons) is not generated at runtime, but when the app is compiled. If this is true, then I can’t do anything until the compiler heeds the Itunes Connect app setting for Primary Language.

So, probably, yes. Or replace it with an image object.

Edit: Even though the app’s primary language is set correctly and there are no localizations, I tried adding

iphone = {
		plist = {
            CFBundleLocalizations =
            {
                "sv",
            },
        }
    }

and this shows the Cancel text in Swedish. This will be good enough for now assuming App Store will accept the upload, although I much like the back button arrow graphic on Android.

1 Like