Has anyone tired CIDER debugger with Lime ??

I tired to get my project to work with CIDER but couldn’t as I would get an error in a lime class when used in conjunction with CIDER. I have checked with some of the lime examples and get the same error, but ONLY when run with CIDER. Error looks like this :

Runtime error
…me samples\basicparallax\lime-external-numberlua.lua:31: attempt to perform arithmetic on local ‘a’ (a string value)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
…me samples\basicparallax\lime-external-numberlua.lua:31: in function <…me samples …me error:="">ua:31: attempt to perform arithmetic on local ‘a’ (a string value)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
…me samples\basicparallax\lime-external-numberlua.lua:31: in function <…me samples>Copyright © 2009-2011 A n s c a , I n c .
Has anyone had a similar experience / know of a fix ?? I would love to start using CIDER but cant at the moment due to this bug.

Cheers,
E.

[import]uid: 81475 topic_id: 24019 reply_id: 324019[/import] </…me></…me>

Hello elliotagro83,

We have contacted the LIME Developer and we are working to solve the issue. Please send us your project files so we can take a closer look. Our email is:
mydevelopergames@gmail.com

Thanks,
M.Y. Developers [import]uid: 55057 topic_id: 24019 reply_id: 96893[/import]

Thanks so much for looking at this, I have sent you through an example lime project, its just a tutorial one but illustrates the issue.

Cheeers !!!
Elliot. [import]uid: 81475 topic_id: 24019 reply_id: 96920[/import]

I have also sent a copy of Lime to M.Y. Developers, hopefully this can get sorted nice and quickly. [import]uid: 119420 topic_id: 24019 reply_id: 96964[/import]

Thankfully we are getting some weirdness. We are tracking down the issue and hopefully come up with a solution soon. This will likely fix other issues as well.

Regards,
M.Y. Developers [import]uid: 55057 topic_id: 24019 reply_id: 97245[/import]

Please see if the issue is resolved. Update pushed. The problem arose with so many globals getting transferred. Changed the mechanism to accommodate.

Thanks,
M.Y. Developers [import]uid: 55057 topic_id: 24019 reply_id: 97285[/import]

Thanks !!!

Works now, thanks so much!!

E. [import]uid: 81475 topic_id: 24019 reply_id: 97309[/import]

@elliotagro83,
Sounds great! We never ended up getting the runtime error, did that resolve as well?

@Glitch Games,
Thanks for your help. Nice working with you.

Regards,
M.Y. Developers [import]uid: 55057 topic_id: 24019 reply_id: 97369[/import]

Glad it seems to be resolved! Is there anything I need to change my end? [import]uid: 119420 topic_id: 24019 reply_id: 97394[/import]

@Glitch Games,

The problem was on our end. Thanks for your help, Lime was a great real world usage scenario for our IDE.

Thanks,
M.Y. Developers [import]uid: 55057 topic_id: 24019 reply_id: 97414[/import]

Glad I could be of assistance! [import]uid: 119420 topic_id: 24019 reply_id: 97479[/import]

@M.Y.developers

All is working beautifully now, I am now building a game with Corona, Ice, Lime and a bit of CIDER. :slight_smile: [import]uid: 81475 topic_id: 24019 reply_id: 97511[/import]

Hello! I seem to be getting a weird error loading Lime in Cider debug mode.

When I try to debug through lime on PC, the app seems to get stuck.

When I’ve stepped through everything, it seems to get stuck in lime-external-numberlua.lua
I try to continue with “Step Into(F7)” but it stays on that line. If I click Continue (F5), it would never hit the next line even when i hit a breakpoint there, and just ends.

I’m currently using Cider v1.5.3 and Lime v3.4

Hope this helps! [import]uid: 87963 topic_id: 24019 reply_id: 116162[/import]

Hello esuei82,

Is there a particular line that it gets stuck at? Please copy and paste the line and a few above and below so we can see what the problem might be.

Regards,
M.Y. Developers [import]uid: 55057 topic_id: 24019 reply_id: 116272[/import]

Hello M.Y. Developers,

It gets stuck on line #20 in this function:
[blockcode]
local function memoize(f)
local mt = {}
local t = setmetatable({}, mt)
function mt:__index(k) local v = f(k); t[k] = v
return v
end
return t
end
[/blockcode]
It doesn’t matter how many times I press “Step Into”, it remains on the same line. Then the moment I hit anything else (like Step Over), the green arrow disappears and the program doesn’t resume, and I can’t hit any breakpoint I set after this line.

I’ve tried upgrading to Lime 3.5, but I’m still running into this same issue.

Please let me know if there’s any other information I can provide you with!

UPDATE:
I’ve realized I was still running on an older version of corona, and I just updated it to version 2012.840 (2012.6.5).

Now I can actually see the errors in the debugger window! And this will look very familiar:

[text]

…\trunk\source\director.lua:934: ERROR: table expected. If this is a function call, you might have used ‘.’ instead of ‘:’

Director ERROR: Failed to load module ‘menu’ - Please check if the file exists and it is correct.

…\trunk\source\lime-external-numberlua.lua:31: attempt to perform arithmetic on local ‘a’ (a string value)

[/text]
It looks like I am currently running Cider v1.5.3, is this the right version?

Also on an interest note, my app runs fine with no error if I just hit “Run Main Project” instead of “Debug Main Project”.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can provide to help solve this issue!!! [import]uid: 87963 topic_id: 24019 reply_id: 116381[/import]