Has something changed in recent daily builds that would stop the Twitter sample code from working?

I had the sample working very quickly and easily a few weeks ago, then left it because I needed to try and get LinkedIn integration working first.
Now I’ve just gone back and checked it, and it always fails to get a request token. The key + secret are exactly the same, I literally hadn’t touched the code for a few weeks.

So has anything changed that would cause this?
On a similar note, could it be something that could also prevent my LinkedIn integration from working? I’ve been struggling to get that working for weeks now, as far as the staff at LinkedIn can tell, I’m generating the correct oauth signature but it still returns a 401 “unauthorised” error.

Could these 2 problems be related? [import]uid: 84115 topic_id: 36290 reply_id: 336290[/import]

To be more specific, both examples use http.request rather than network.request, so has anything changed in that function? [import]uid: 84115 topic_id: 36290 reply_id: 144152[/import]

*duplicate post* [import]uid: 84115 topic_id: 36290 reply_id: 144153[/import]

Yes, I have noticed the same and filed a bug report. Hopefully someone is taking care of this soon. [import]uid: 101883 topic_id: 36290 reply_id: 144176[/import]

Engineering is looking into the problem. This appears to be a change on the Twitter side, but hopefully we will no more soon.

Rob
[import]uid: 199310 topic_id: 36290 reply_id: 144211[/import]

@Rob Miracle

Would it be possible for someone to also see if they are able to integrate LinkedIn into Corona?
In theory it should be an almost identical process to integrating Twitter, but I have been unable to get it to work. Strangely I CAN still get a request / access token from LinkedIn using OAuth, but everything after that returns an ‘unauthorised’ error message.

As I said in my original post, it could be that something has changed in Corona that is preventing me from posting messages to LinkedIn so whatever the engineers discover while looking at Twitter could fix my problem anyway, but I initially started my attempt to integrate it while the Twitter sample still worked so that’s probably wishful thinking. [import]uid: 84115 topic_id: 36290 reply_id: 144264[/import]

@AlanPlantPot, I’m not sure if we ever said that our oAuth module works with anything other than Twitter and I don’t believe we have any formal support for LinkedIn. Once we fix the oAuth problem with twitter, perhaps things will start working.

If you would like us to add support for LinkedIn, your best course of action is to goto:

http://feedback.coronalabs.com

And see if there is already a linkedin request and add votes to it, or create request and get others to go vote it up.

If my speculation is right, and we fix this for twitter, then hopefully it will solve the problem elsewhere because I expect it’s the same issue. [import]uid: 199310 topic_id: 36290 reply_id: 144340[/import]

OK, I knew it wasn’t explicitly supported, but just thought I’d ask seeing as someone would be looking at oAuth anyway. I’ve added a feature request in the meantime.

Out of interest, is there an ETA for this bug being fixed, and would it please be possible for someone to drop a quick comment here once it’s fixed?
I check the daily build summary most days but it’s easy to miss a fix. [import]uid: 84115 topic_id: 36290 reply_id: 144408[/import]

No ETA. I know an engineer is looking into it and it could be a simple fix or it could be complex. I’ll try to remember to post back here when we come up with a fix/workaround
. [import]uid: 199310 topic_id: 36290 reply_id: 144469[/import]

To be more specific, both examples use http.request rather than network.request, so has anything changed in that function? [import]uid: 84115 topic_id: 36290 reply_id: 144152[/import]

Yes, I have noticed the same and filed a bug report. Hopefully someone is taking care of this soon. [import]uid: 101883 topic_id: 36290 reply_id: 144176[/import]

Engineering is looking into the problem. This appears to be a change on the Twitter side, but hopefully we will no more soon.

Rob
[import]uid: 199310 topic_id: 36290 reply_id: 144211[/import]

@Rob Miracle

Would it be possible for someone to also see if they are able to integrate LinkedIn into Corona?
In theory it should be an almost identical process to integrating Twitter, but I have been unable to get it to work. Strangely I CAN still get a request / access token from LinkedIn using OAuth, but everything after that returns an ‘unauthorised’ error message.

As I said in my original post, it could be that something has changed in Corona that is preventing me from posting messages to LinkedIn so whatever the engineers discover while looking at Twitter could fix my problem anyway, but I initially started my attempt to integrate it while the Twitter sample still worked so that’s probably wishful thinking. [import]uid: 84115 topic_id: 36290 reply_id: 144264[/import]

@AlanPlantPot, I’m not sure if we ever said that our oAuth module works with anything other than Twitter and I don’t believe we have any formal support for LinkedIn. Once we fix the oAuth problem with twitter, perhaps things will start working.

If you would like us to add support for LinkedIn, your best course of action is to goto:

http://feedback.coronalabs.com

And see if there is already a linkedin request and add votes to it, or create request and get others to go vote it up.

If my speculation is right, and we fix this for twitter, then hopefully it will solve the problem elsewhere because I expect it’s the same issue. [import]uid: 199310 topic_id: 36290 reply_id: 144340[/import]

OK, I knew it wasn’t explicitly supported, but just thought I’d ask seeing as someone would be looking at oAuth anyway. I’ve added a feature request in the meantime.

Out of interest, is there an ETA for this bug being fixed, and would it please be possible for someone to drop a quick comment here once it’s fixed?
I check the daily build summary most days but it’s easy to miss a fix. [import]uid: 84115 topic_id: 36290 reply_id: 144408[/import]

No ETA. I know an engineer is looking into it and it could be a simple fix or it could be complex. I’ll try to remember to post back here when we come up with a fix/workaround
. [import]uid: 199310 topic_id: 36290 reply_id: 144469[/import]