Hello! a late introduction :-)

Hi,

my name is Stein Ove and I’m a 31 years old system developer from Norway. In my spare time, I love building games.

In September/October I decided to build 12 mobile games in only 12 months. I started a “company” called AntiSocialGames which is going to be the “publisher”.

I have built a couple of games for mobile in the past, but there is nothing much to brag about. The recent years I’ve started countless projects, but they all grow so big that I just lose patience and start something new. To help me finish projects, I’m now giving me only one month per game. This way the games can’t become too big.

Since the start, I’ve released four games. SquareSpinner, Zmath, Beelly, and Blackout. The number of downloads isn’t very high, but that hasn’t been the goal either (yet). I want to build a little portfolio of games so I can start cross-promoting. Since I’ve released four games, I thought it was about time to start doing a little bit more marketing.

I have implemented Appodeal in my games and this made it very easy to start cross-promoting. In SquareSpinner, Zmath, and Beelly I’m only showing ads for Blackout. I think this is working okay and the CTR seems fine.

I have started building the fifth game and I’m looking forward to share more information about this game :slight_smile:

I want to thank everyone on this forum for the help and feedback I’ve received. And I also want to say that Corona SDK rocks :smiley:

Hey!

I just checked out your games’ pages on Google Play. I like the artistic style.

I think that on top of “just” developing and releasing a game every month, you should also prepare a simple marketing plan and carry it out, that way you can gain more downloads. Simply releasing a game doesn’t guarantee any downloads by itself.

Hi, thanks :slight_smile:

Yes. I’m trying to focus on marketing right now, but it’s hard. Without a publisher and with a small budget you really got to work hard.

If you got any good tips on free marketing that would be great :slight_smile:

I’m trying to regularly post on Reddit, forums, and Quora. I try to help other people there with app reviews and feedback and hope that someone will do the same thing back (without asking).

Also trying to do ASO and get links to my games on Google play. 

Really the best advice is to just go at it.

There’s really nothing to lose by reaching out to bloggers, reviewers, news outlets, etc. concerning your game(s). The worst that they say is “no” or “yes, but it’ll cost you X”. The more polished, fun and/or unique your game is, the more likely they are to be interested in it.

ASO will only start to help you if people are searching for your app specifically (or a very similar app) or if your app is general enough where people might stumble upon it while searching for something generic, e.g. you have a football game and people are searching for football apps.

Thanks for the tips, XeduR.

I will try to create a plan, execute it and learn from it. Marketing is something I need to practice much more :slight_smile:

Hey!

I just checked out your games’ pages on Google Play. I like the artistic style.

I think that on top of “just” developing and releasing a game every month, you should also prepare a simple marketing plan and carry it out, that way you can gain more downloads. Simply releasing a game doesn’t guarantee any downloads by itself.

Hi, thanks :slight_smile:

Yes. I’m trying to focus on marketing right now, but it’s hard. Without a publisher and with a small budget you really got to work hard.

If you got any good tips on free marketing that would be great :slight_smile:

I’m trying to regularly post on Reddit, forums, and Quora. I try to help other people there with app reviews and feedback and hope that someone will do the same thing back (without asking).

Also trying to do ASO and get links to my games on Google play. 

Really the best advice is to just go at it.

There’s really nothing to lose by reaching out to bloggers, reviewers, news outlets, etc. concerning your game(s). The worst that they say is “no” or “yes, but it’ll cost you X”. The more polished, fun and/or unique your game is, the more likely they are to be interested in it.

ASO will only start to help you if people are searching for your app specifically (or a very similar app) or if your app is general enough where people might stumble upon it while searching for something generic, e.g. you have a football game and people are searching for football apps.

Thanks for the tips, XeduR.

I will try to create a plan, execute it and learn from it. Marketing is something I need to practice much more :slight_smile: