HELP! Strange iOS14 message!

I just got an email from a very concerned player because after installing iOS14 he gets a message inside the game which reads like this “GAME pasted from Gmail” as a warning.

I have no idea why he get it because the game is NOT PASTING anything from anywhere else!
I am using the email optionally if a player wants to send a screenshot to another player but what can cause this strange iOS14 problem?

He (the player) and probably a lot more are now concerned about their privacy and don’t have to at all! This probably is affecting a lot of Corona / Solar2D build apps!

Any help welcome!

I found this article: https://www.iphonetricks.org/pasted-from-clipboard-banner-notification/

The game is using admob and unity ads. Can this be the “problem”?

One more: https://news.softpedia.com/news/how-apple-resolves-the-problem-of-apps-secretly-accessing-your-clipboard-530351.shtml

How can I fix this?

Are you using Firebase or Facebook? And what version? I use Unity and Admob and I don’t see this error, but I know the older version of Firebase and Facebook had this problem.

I am not using Firebase or Facebook. Only thing beside admob and unity is flurry and email to send a friend an optional screenshot. And gamecenter.

I tried looking at Flurry don’t see any mention of that error. If you send me your app link to your app, I’ll try to figure it out if you want.

Thanks for your help. I have notices I have facebook code in the build.settings because I have used analytics months ago but not using this anymore. Maybe this is the problem.

Btw: The message only appears when you copy some text or something inside another app and then moving to the game. Otherwise there is no problem.

I will PM you with the game link.

This means that some plugin you are using is getting data from the clipboard. As far as I know, that’s the only way this warning is shown. It’s highly possible that you can track this down to an ad provider, Admob and Unity Ads in your case or Facebook if it’s somehow still active.

Thank you for the help and info!
I will update the game soon and remove the facebook code and see what happens.

The notification appears when you paste the contents of the clipboard. (iOS14)

This basically means that the Gmail user did a “paste” in-game.

I just got an email from a very concerned player because after installing iOS14 he gets a message inside the game which reads like this “GAME pasted from Gmail” as a warning.

Is this really a problem you need help with?

I think it is a problem. I tried his game on 2 iPhone devices and in all devices that pop-up comes up. Even if my last app was a banking app (" pasted from BoA"). Most people will not disable that “security feature” and are concerned that the app is trying to steal something. I also tried it with 2 other fellow corona apps that I have installed on my device and both did not display the message (City by SGS and Rouge Jack).

Are there any plugins you know that force the use of the clipboard?
If there is a case, I think you’re guessing right, of course it’s a problem.

I am testing the facebook code removal today.
Btw: Is the admob and unity ads plugin automatically updated when using a new version of Solar2D for building or did something change and I have to manually do something for getting the newest available plugins?

yes you would get the latest by building again.

1 Like